Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They do deserve special treatment, they are our local rivals, are the champions of Europe and soon to be champions of England. Treating them like they're any other club is not the right way to approach them in the next Derby or any match after that. We've beaten them about once in 10 years. We can't even beat them when they field children against us.

We have to start taking games against them very seriously if we are to ever beat them again in my opinion, we need to get over the fear-factor and the inferiority complex they have over us. A perfect way to start that would be shunning the guard of honour, that would boil their piss to no end and it would show them that for once, Everton do have a bit of a spine.

And don't let any RS tell you that they treat us like we're any other team. No matter how much they belittle us, they take Derby matches very, very seriously. It's about time we did the same.

I think our players do take it very seriously but you hit the nail on the head when you said how much it means to the Liverpool players. That´s why down the years teams like Wigan have gone to Anfield and won and we haven´t. When they play against us, they´re absolutely up for it and don´t take their eye off the ball to allow a surprise result. Unfortunately, with the team they´ve got now us going there and doing well is even less likely.

Personally, I think it should be done because sometimes you´ve just got to acknowledge the achievement. I´ve always liked that aspect of sport where you despise your opponent and do everything you can to beat them but hold your hands up when they´ve been too good and give some respect when it´s appropriate.

Personally, I think it should be done because sometimes you´ve just got to acknowledge the achievement. I´ve always liked that aspect of sport where you despise your opponent and do everything you can to beat them but hold your hands up when they´ve been too good and give some respect when it´s appropriate.
LiVARpool

Do on to others as they do on to you so not a chance in hell. My loathing for that lot is always enshrined with a mental picture of the idiot Hughes, the one whose voice never broke, screamed out his ridicule to the red masses rhythming magic/tragic. That incident itself marked the end of the friendly derbies, it's a bit like their denials over Heysel and an in ability to mourn those who died at that match. As far as they are concerned no chance of any form of tribute from us and if the powers that be agree to such they should be booed to the rafters by all of us.

Ha ha ha no it shouldn’t and won’t. Anyone who wants to do this, amongst our fan base whilst your at it go and sing that scummy song and stick ya scarf above ya head. Gooons

Since I was old enough to understand the concept of what a derby is and what a rivalry means.

We're supposed to hate when they win and love it when they lose - they're supposed to do the same for us.

If we won the league and they gave us a guard of honour I'd think they were as equally spineless as I think we'd be for giving one to them.

It's not even specific to us and them, this applies to all of them - the old firm, el classico, boca & river etc.
We could put out the under 23s!

Do on to others as they do on to you so not a chance in hell. My loathing for that lot is always enshrined with a mental picture of the idiot Hughes, the one whose voice never broke, screamed out his ridicule to the red masses rhythming magic/tragic. That incident itself marked the end of the friendly derbies, it's a bit like their denials over Heysel and an in ability to mourn those who died at that match. As far as they are concerned no chance of any form of tribute from us and if the powers that be agree to such they should be booed to the rafters by all of us.
I was there that day with a number of my RS mates, and they were just that; mates.Pals I grew up with. Pals who went to the game. Palls who were like me. Local. As soon as the squeaky mouthed pond life belted that out, they were disgusted by his idiocy and turned on their heels and headed straight off
As for me, I would salute them in the fair minded and sporting manner they are renowned for worldwide. Similar to how they gave a guard of honour to the Man City coach arriving for the cup game. Or how about when their intentions were misunderstood by Italians when reaching over the walls to shake hands, and the walls simply couldn't cope with the numbers wishing to show cordiality.
There are numerous other incidents where their intentions have been mistaken whilst merely trying to greet opposition fans with bricks and excrement where their jolly japes have resulted in pure misunderstanding by those they oppose, and so have been understandingly ignored by the media.
As for me, I would sooner greet them with napalm. So stuff them, hopefully on the pitch as well.

Not really bothered, I intend to sell my seat to one of those beauts for as much as I can get. :dance:
I don't want one more RS inside Goodison on derby day than their ticket allocation entitles them too, and neither should any other Blue !!!

No self-respecting Blue should even consider giving/lending/selling their ticket to one of them - we could still be in with a chance of making Europe next season, every Blue should be there supporting Everton and desperate for the Blues to win.

Joking aren’t you
The shame they have brought on this City, fcuk em
The problem is mate that everyone in the world, including everyone in this city except Evertonians, people in Turin and Manchester have got selective memory when it comes to all that. Best fans in the world, remember. So if we did ignore it the biased press would be all over it like a cheap suit and it would be us that are the villains and do you think the media, including the local hacks would ever let us forget. I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.