Homepage Update: Should they stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pray explain how you think that might have happened.
He can't sign anywhere else while contracted to Everton FC for the next two years.
My gut feeling is that Chelsea and Everton have an understanding over this. I may be going all conspiracy theorist over this but an amicable deal with some radio silence to enable Everton to get transfers in and Chelsea aren't messed around on price seems in the best interests of all parties.

Plus there are a few hints here and there and I am adding 2 and 2 together. Maybe I am coming up with 5 - it's been known to happen!

..I agree that we hold all the aces. This fella is losing a small fortune by not signing a new contract and all the 'noises' suggest the club have agreed to let him go (to certain clubs). I think the key is ensuring we get a fee we're happy with.

Why mate? Why is the key ensuring we get a fee we're happy with?

I just don't understand this mentality, you can be a hunter or hunted.

I just don't see of what benift it is to Everton to sell him, so why should we, I think it's bizarre everyone just seems to accept this.

I just don't see of what benift it is to Everton to sell him, so why should we, I think it's bizarre everyone just seems to accept this.

The benefit in Everton getting rid of Lukaku is obvious - he's toxic. He's a crybaby who spouts his mouth at every chance and he has a poisonous agent. He belittles the club. We shut cut and run at this point - anything in the range of £80m should be accepted on the spot.

That's before we even discuss his limitations as a footballer too.

My gut feeling is that Chelsea and Everton have an understanding over this. I may be going all conspiracy theorist over this but an amicable deal with some radio silence to enable Everton to get transfers in and Chelsea aren't messed around on price seems in the best interests of all parties.

Plus there are a few hints here and there and I am adding 2 and 2 together. Maybe I am coming up with 5 - it's been known to happen!

There's also a bit of a conspiracy theory relating to a new Chelsea kit or something to do with sponsors that suggests they won't make any transfer announcements until 1st July

...I think it's an aspect of modern day football, players come and players go. I'm not a big fan of keeping players who want to be elsewhere, I really don't think it helps the cause or the atmosphere in the dressing room. Ultimately we want a situation where our best players want to stay but we're not in that place at the moment.

I know exactly where you are coming from but the reality is that the player wants a move so we only do that if a club meets our valuation.

There's also a bit of a conspiracy theory relating to a new Chelsea kit or something to do with sponsors that suggests they won't make any transfer announcements until 1st July
The plot thickens. Or maybe not.

The benefit in Everton getting rid of Lukaku is obvious - he's toxic. He's a crybaby who spouts his mouth at every chance and he has a poisonous agent. He belittles the club. We shut cut and run at this point - anything in the range of £80m should be accepted on the spot.

That's before we even discuss his limitations as a footballer too.

I think his over inflated opinion was a reason for Mourinho getting shut.

He is a talented goal scorer but he does come across as a bit of a bell sadly.
I have never heard him speak highly of our club and that grates.

Can see where you're coming from...

However, keeping such an agreement as secret as you suggest would be difficult in the extreme and would put further pressure on Everton to complete transfer dealings in a timescale to appease Chelsea... can't see that really under our new regime, the old one, possibly, but not now.

I think his over inflated opinion was a reason for Mourinho getting shut.

He is a talented goal scorer but he does come across as a bit of a bell sadly.
I have never heard him speak highly of our club and that grates.

“Everton as a football club has a great history. But the future has to be written. You get me?"

Lukaku in March.

At the end of the day as @davek states lets see what our net spend is after the deadline day - it does not bother me if we clear any deadwood out for it to be even - -If we let or are forced to sell top players in our squad then it's a massive gamble imo if the replacements who maybe without prem experience can take us on this season - our signings are not over yet rumours rife its a wait and see situation RK has to get it right alongside Walsh etc!

Not including himself though in that. I want to win the league for Everton should have been his next sentence.

'But the future has to be written. You get me? We always talk about the teams of the 1980s and, if you look, it was great. But we, as players, want the fans talking about us instead of us talking about them. No disrespect but you know what I mean?

You cannot only be remembered by scoring goals. You want to be remembered by winning trophies. That is what the fans want. So instead of living in the past, you have to think ahead.

'How this club has to grow, how this club has to improve. Which player does it want to bring in so you can challenge for the big trophies?

'But the future has to be written. You get me? We always talk about the teams of the 1980s and, if you look, it was great. But we, as players, want the fans talking about us instead of us talking about them. No disrespect but you know what I mean?

You cannot only be remembered by scoring goals. You want to be remembered by winning trophies. That is what the fans want. So instead of living in the past, you have to think ahead.

'How this club has to grow, how this club has to improve. Which player does it want to bring in so you can challenge for the big trophies?

Yep.

Then when the new contract is offered he laughs and says he won't sign and never even thinks about Everton.

I wish he was fully on board and would push us on to what we all want to achieve.

But I don't see it sadly.

...I think it's an aspect of modern day football, players come and players go. I'm not a big fan of keeping players who want to be elsewhere, I really don't think it helps the cause or the atmosphere in the dressing room. Ultimately we want a situation where our best players want to stay but we're not in that place at the moment.

I know exactly where you are coming from but the reality is that the player wants a move so we only do that if a club meets our valuation.

Player trading is an aspect of modern football, a financial necessity. In our particular situation I don't think it's relative this season. The nuts and bolts of it is that in a general sense the top teams in the league don't sell there best players.

Personally believe that Rom wanted to be somewhere else since the day he signed, I don't think he is unhappy here, I just think he is ambitious to be playing in the CL. I would disagree broadly on the impact that could have on the squad. If he stays he needs to be in good form next year 1 for a move 2 fr the World Cup.

He will inevitably leave I think, I do however that this shouldn't be this summer, Its an important marker in my opinion in terms how of how we will allow other clubs to view us and interact with us. Like I say hunter or hunted.

I have a funny feeling things are going to be very different at Chelsea in the medium term. In fact I would be surprised if Conte is there another season beyond this.

Status
Not open for further replies.