Homepage Update: Should they stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I don't think you're a Kopite mate, but it's a little strange the way you're defending Judas Barmby here...

I reckon you've gotta be a proper sad act to bother to join a rivals forum and pretend to be a supporter of that club. What do you reckon "Blue".................:coffee:

As far as Rom's concerned, the decision's been made already, at least in principle. Rom says he knows where he'll be playing next season. After everything he's said it's going to be very awkward for him if Chelsea fail to seal the deal, and no other clubs enter the auction.

With Ross I don't even know what the question is. What is it that he wants ? He's said nothing publicly. It would be very strange, given his background, if it was just about money, I reckon there must be more going on. Perhaps he looked enviously at John Stones and assumed that a CL club would be in for him, if so then he must be sweating it now. Or perhaps he's simply fallen out with Koeman over something or other. Whatever the truth, unless an agreement can be reached quickly Everton are right to try and find a buyer, everything possible must be done to stop him from running down his contract.

...there has to be lessons learned from the Stones situation. We applauded the way the club refused to sell but it didn't work out well for anybody. Stones form dipped, the fans fell out with him and the team suffered. Also, we don't know what the club has promised him about leaving.

With all due respect maybe, the situation is different with a 20 goal a year striker, look it's not like the dogs in the street don't he's leaving, we knew it last summer as well and he was tolerated last summer, if he's contributing no one will care IMO. The only question is when and my point is it shouldn't this summer, we have all the leverage.

The context is massively different from Stones.

I genuinely believe all we have done is spend the lukaku money this past week and nothing more. Lukaku is gone and is just a signature away from it being official pretty much.

Not necessarily a bad thing because we are spending well and buying the right profile of players with it so clever from the club to be agreeing deals now before the media blow the lukaku story up. If there was any chance of rom staying then all we have done really is strengthened the squad even more which again is a positive thing

Ross needs a reality check. I don't believe we need him but he needs us a lot more. The best career he will have is at Everton, he won't be allowed as much room anywhere else to be him and not be dropped from the team. Someone should have had that word with him well before now and if the reason why we sell him is him being the way he is now then it will be a sorry sight to see especially if he doesn't have the career he expects to have by moving.
Essentially this is my take on it. Except I wouldn't be surprised if Lukaku has already signed for Chelsea.

And I struggle to see where Ross will go. I would think football wise Italy might be the best option but I don't think he'd look outside of England. Probably Liverpool would suit him but that ain't happening. Stay Ross, it's your best option especially if we kick on and he is integral to it - even Southgate might play him.

Essentially this is my take on it. Except I wouldn't be surprised if Lukaku has already signed for Chelsea.

And I struggle to see where Ross will go. I would think football wise Italy might be the best option but I don't think he'd look outside of England. Probably Liverpool would suit him but that ain't happening. Stay Ross, it's your best option especially if we kick on and he is integral to it - even Southgate might play him.

Pray explain how you think that might have happened.
He can't sign anywhere else while contracted to Everton FC for the next two years.

With all due respect maybe, the situation is different with a 20 goal a year striker, look it's not like the dogs in the street don't he's leaving, we knew it last summer as well and he was tolerated last summer, if he's contributing no one will care IMO. The only question is when and my point is it shouldn't this summer, we have all the leverage.

The context is massively different from Stones.

..I agree that we hold all the aces. This fella is losing a small fortune by not signing a new contract and all the 'noises' suggest the club have agreed to let him go (to certain clubs). I think the key is ensuring we get a fee we're happy with.

I dont think Ross would last ten minutes in a Klopp side, his lungs would explode as well as his brain poor lamb!
Ross os like a Rolls Royce with a carburettor problem, no-one with any sense would buy him as they know he will not run well consistently, so it will only be a flassh wannabee div who buys him, step up West Ham!

Does anyone seriously think we'd be spending £50m+ already this window without knowing that at least one, if not both, of these were going to be sold? Still need to sign at least one centre back as well.

Our transfer business so far has been good but let's not kid ourselves.

We should take the ball in our court with Lukaku and sell to any reasonable bidder as soon as possible.

With Barkley, we should be showing him our ambition and make him the centre-piece of our team moving forward. Unfortunately, we've been utterly tone deaf and clueless with him, especially with that ridiculous deadline, and as such I increasingly believe he will go because Koeman doesn't rate him.

And we'll regret that immensely in the years to follow IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.