Should the club apologise to VVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4jaesa.jpg

It's got to the point where I'm starting to wonder if I've misread it myself as some of these are so adamant.
I can only imagine that we are just getting a sample of the non stop rolling opinions that the partners* of certain posters have been treated to since Saturday.

*Or sex line operators

I think this is something we need to come to grips with. We know what happened was completely wrong and if it happened at any other club we’d be fuming. The flack that it’s drawn from a number of corners will damage this club forever more. It was a rash idiotic decision and one that really we were very lucky didn’t hurt us even more.

So, should the club apologise for signing Funes Mori over VVD in that weird transfer window?

LOL

Official Everton FC Apology

Dearest Virge,

As you are aware, in the white heat of a Merseyside Derby, when one is naturally topping the table, one plays with ones knife clinched firmly in ones teeth.

The first coming together of one and ones direct oponent is an important moment in such games, as you are well aware. Indeed, you gave an important welcome to both James and Dominic in the early minutes of last Saturday´s game. And the ref, rightfully interpreting your good natured bantz, let it roll.

Unfortunately, Jordan slightly misjudged his timing of an attempted block whilst you were in an illegal position and it has since come to out attention that you received a serious injury from this meeting. Jordan is, as we are all aware, not the sharpest tool in the box but he has, unlike yourself, no track record of being involved in any such vicious challenges.

Jordan clearly meant you no harm and furthermore, it is never really advisable going in to such a derby carrying an injury, as Seamus will tell you.

As the good book clearly tells us, he who lives by the sword etc etc etc.

We are very sorry for the time you will miss on the playing fields and your bantz and we wish you the speediest of recoveries.

EFC.

PS - Watching Funes Mori trying to defend has not left any of us in a good mental space

No. Cant stand vvd as a player and think he is overhyped. Yes, better than mori but at least he was a bit of fun and having BBQs in the middle of winter.

I see today’s bbc article about VVDgate is from Wilnaldum.
I wonder who’s tomorrow will be from?
How many players can they go through making articles on this?
At least everyone will be bored of it by Christmas

This was a great thread and an even better social experiment!
I thought there were a few people disagreeing with my top 4 race thread and then making the same points I made in my post which was weird but now I see why :D

Not good enough.
Any apology now would be too little too late, we need to go much further.
Everton Football Club should apologise for having the effrontery to continue in business after 1892 when the Cities second team came into existence. The right thing to do surely would have been to dissolve our club and throw the weight of our support behind their quest for inevitable werld domination. We have held them back for long enough. How dare we choose to compete against them in the sport that they all but invented. If we do not cease to exist as a club, we should, at the very least propose a change to the rules which would allow for their players to go unchallenged whenever they are in an attacking phase.
It's only fair lads and you know it makes sense.

You had me in the first half!

Genuinely though never like to see a player get injured regardless of the colour shirt they are wearing

Status
Not open for further replies.