Should Ferguson have stayed as a coach or should he have looked to manage elsewhere?

Ferguson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he ever stated that his ultimate goal is to be a manager of a football club? I mean if he has then I really hope he finds something over the summer.

If he hasn't then perhaps he just likes being an Assistant that doesn't have to deal with all of the BS of being the manager. There are loads or career Assistants out there.
A week ago he was getting interviewed for one.

The problem with him is that he just wants to be manager of this football club but doesn't want to earn that right.

So what is his (Dunc’s) role? He has stayed on the coaching staff, yet Lampard has brought in a load of other coaches, essentially pushing him down the pecking order. It’s so obvious to anyone with half a brain, what is happening.

Maybe they have but from what I saw they all have specific roles so it is not simply 5 generic coaches all doing the same thing. It is possible that Ferguson has been kept on because of his work with the strikers, especially Calvert-Lewin. Lampard has already said he wants to build a team around him so it makes sense to have somebody to be able to help him do that.

I think he should have just said time to move on and then he would get the experience of being number 1 then in a few years coming back home

My opinion is this

If he eventually wants to be a manager then he needs to move on for his own sake and take a job lower down the pyramid somewhere in order to get the required experience

If he's happy being a coach or an assistant and Lampard genuinely wants him around the club involved in some manner, then I'm fine with him staying. Not everyone is cut out to be the manager and not everyone wants it either

He needs to decide what he wants to do. If Lampard doesn't really want him around then I see no benefit in Dunc remaining on the coaching staff

People seem to think he wants to be a manager, maybe he doesn’t but to save face has applied for the job.
perhaps he’s happy where he is, working at Everton, and will end up being the kit man in a few years time.

My opinion is this

If he eventually wants to be a manager then he needs to move on for his own sake and take a job lower down the pyramid somewhere in order to get the required experience

If he's happy being a coach or an assistant and Lampard genuinely wants him around the club involved in some manner, then I'm fine with him staying. Not everyone is cut out to be the manager and not everyone wants it either

He needs to decide what he wants to do. If Lampard doesn't really want him around then I see no benefit in Dunc remaining on the coaching staff
How does HE get to make the rules and decisions?

"If he wants to do this" "if he wants to do that". He's employed here and hasn't been part of any great success...the reverse, in fact.

No wonder we've won f.a. for the best part of three decades. Failures allowed to make themselves permanent members of staff.

How does HE get to make the rules and decisions?

"If he wants to do this" "if he wants to do that". He's employed here and hasn't been part of any great success...the reverse, in fact.

No wonder we've won f.a. for the best part of three decades. Failures allowed to make themselves permanent members of staff.

Or maybe he`s just happy being part of the set up, at the club he loves, living with his family, in the area that he loves, whilst having the security of being a salaried employee - remember, he`s been bankrupt in the past.

Not everyone wants or has to be the boss.

Or maybe he`s just happy being part of the set up, at the club he loves, living with his family, in the area that he loves, whilst having the security of being a salaried employee - remember, he`s been bankrupt in the past.

Not everyone wants or has to be the boss.
As I said: who let's him make the decisions about staying on here?

He chooses to to this, or he chooses to do that. WTF employee has that luxury?

Yep
Only Everton fans could get angry about this guy
Caretaker manager, then interviewing for manager, then back to laying the cones out for the U16s - that doesn't strike you as unusual? Just seems very weird and shows he has no desire or belief in himself to actually be a football manager. Or even a serious coach, for that matter.

Caretaker manager, then interviewing for manager, then back to laying the cones out for the U16s - that doesn't strike you as unusual? Just seems very weird and shows he has no desire or belief in himself to actually be a football manager. Or even a serious coach, for that matter.
Yet every single Everton fan on here would kill for the jobs hes had.

How mads that.

Status
Not open for further replies.