Should Ferguson have stayed as a coach or should he have looked to manage elsewhere?

Ferguson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm not mistaken when he finished playing he left footy all together and i think was forced back in because of some financial trouble he had with some property deal that went wrong (i could be wrong but I'm sure I'll get corrected). My point is i don't think he would ever have come back to football if he hadn't had this problem. If he really wanted to get into football management he would have left for another job and worked his way up, he should never get the Everton job just because of who he is and that he's been part of the furniture for years he needed to prove himself but i think he's now getting on a bit to go and prove himself and is here now just for the pension plan. No hate for the guy just don't think he's worthy of the job.

If management is his final goal; he needs to leave…ASAP. The problem is, I think he’s happiest coaching on the training field. He will stay as long as the manager of the day will allow it.

If management is his final goal; he needs to leave…ASAP. The problem is, I think he’s happiest coaching on the training field. He will stay as long as the manager of the day will allow it.

I don't get the idea that he wants to be a manager. He's 50 now and talking about picking up experience as a coach. From the managers we were looking at, Lampard is 43, Rooney is 36. Dunc is only a couple of years younger even than Pereira who has been managing for 20 years.

I think he's just happy being a coach at Everton but he's lucky he's still here given the failures of the last few managers. When a manager gets sacked, the coaches usually go with them.

If he was going to be a manager he would have been by now. Maybe Villa was his shot at it and he blew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.