Should Ferguson have stayed as a coach or should he have looked to manage elsewhere?

Ferguson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
I've been asked by others to test the water on this. So...

'Should Ferguson have stayed as a coach or should he have looked to manage elsewhere?'

He definitely should’ve gone and looked for a managerial role. The longer he stays at Everton the less likely it is he’s ever going to get the Everton manager’s job.
Agreed. I think for both parties, a fresh start is needed and he should fly the nest.

Needs more cheese on toast.

Complex. I think that the smart play for all concerned is to have him finish the season out, with the principal remit being to find work elsewhere. Finding a coaching/managerial job elsewhere midseason is tough. Ask Lampard.

Neither poll option really captures my position, so I did not vote. If he's still here at the beginning of next season, option #2, but the poll will have closed.

That's not strictly what the earlier discussion was about. I'd vote for 2 but my answer that kicked it off was

"I think not binning Dunc was an outright effort to keep the peace. A lot of fans would have taken it badly and thus the bad vibes would continue."

Status
Not open for further replies.