Should EFC start to utilise blue liverbird?

Start the utilisation of the blue liverbird

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was already challenged that the birds were more of a symbol to the city than the RS and it was rejected. So it's a pointless argument.

The RS have copyright and we can't use them in anyway. End of discussion really

Well this just shows that they have a grabbed the city basically. How can LCC and EFC allow that? Especially concerning OUR HISTORY. This really is a scandal and as much as it is their (lfc) win it is our loss.
How bias is the situation! ? Just wow.
Like I said before we clearly have settled to the seat next to the driver.
EFC wont be allowed to challenge Lfcs privilidged position and therefore docks wont be happening.

Well this just shows that they have a grabbed the city basically. How can LCC and EFC allow that? Especially concerning OUR HISTORY. This really is a scandal and as much as it is their (lfc) win it is our loss.
How bias is the situation! ? Just wow.
Like I said before we clearly have settled to the seat next to the driver.
EFC wont be allowed to challenge Lfcs privilidged position and therefore docks wont be happening.

Grabbed the city?? Behave

@Tricky Trevor 7

Yes I am, born and bred in the Dingle and now living in Aigburth.

What's your point
What's my point , here's the point ! This is a needless discussion, you say they symbolise the city of Liverpool, I was born and bred in Everton and then Scotland road . I have followed them home and away for 40 years and throughout my travels around the world when people from all walks of life who ask were your from , then associate the liver birds with the sh1te . Simple as that ! And like I said for all the blues that I know , who were there in the 70s 80s 90s and up to today would want nothing to do with the birds . They represent the city not Everton Football Club . Maybe your a modern blue , who wanted the vote on a shared ground . But from the old school , we want nothing and have nothing to do with them . I won't even talk to the helmets when I travel around the world . There filth and anything associated with them should be shelved . That's my point .

It was already challenged that the birds were more of a symbol to the city than the RS and it was rejected. So it's a pointless argument.

The RS have copyright and we can't use them in anyway. End of discussion really

Have the not just copyrighted there version of it?

Or can you not use the liverbird full stop

What's my point , here's the point ! This is a needless discussion, you say they symbolise the city of Liverpool, I was born and bred in Everton and then Scotland road . I have followed them home and away for 40 years and throughout my travels around the world when people from all walks of life who ask were your from , then associate the liver birds with the sh1te . Simple as that ! And like I said for all the blues that I know , who were there in the 70s 80s 90s and up to today would want nothing to do with the birds . They represent the city not Everton Football Club . Maybe your a modern blue , who wanted the vote on a shared ground . But from the old school , we want nothing and have nothing to do with them . I won't even talk to the helmets when I travel around the world . There filth and anything associated with them should be shelved . That's my point .

Are you suggesting you're a better fan than him mate

Too long has passed. Just like the city's name, it has become "their" symbol. I wouldn't want us to start being called Everton Liverpool or some other ghastly concoction for greater "regional recognition" and I sure as hell don't want to appear like some small time club trying to ape their use of the bird by having it at blue.

Just look at West Ham for the worst of this kind of attempted increased recognition. The "London Stadium" is a pathetic, misguided attempt to gain foreign fans. They're not as dumb as people seem to think. Go to Asia and say you're from London and you get "Chelsea? Arsenal?". You don't get someone saying "Oooooo London Stadium! West Ham." West Ham have been rubbish for my lifetime and changing the name of the stadium won't make them any more popular.

On another note, seeing a blue liverbird wouldn't have any resonance for anyone not from or deeply familiar with the city itself. We're not "reclaiming" it by adopting some weird blue version.

Have the not just copyrighted there version of it?

Or can you not use the liverbird full stop

I'm pretty sure the image of a liver bird is there copyright. But im sure there'll be stipulations attached because companies do use it, you'd have to dig up the submission to see.

I may be wrong but I'm sure the council had to change there's when they got the approval for use in the uk. This maybe wrong, just remember being told something along those lines

What an absolute load of crap, you've went on a rant for nothing. The birds belong to the city, the 2 main one's on the liver buildings are symbols, 1 looking out to the sea to protect the seafarers arriving in port and the second overlooking the city to protect its people.

And I'm not a modern blue, so your petulant attempt to "out blue" me is pathetic. I've been going for 30 years and travelled across the globe, I haven't had one person associate the liver birds with the RS; they've known about the RS because they've been branded globally. That's the difference

Few could tell where Villa are located though. Not having the city name (in a two team city) definitely contributes to being overshadowed. Say Liverpool to a continental European (or pretty much anywhere outside UK/Ireland) and they will only think of one club. It hasn't harmed the London clubs because A.there are many teams, B.there isn't a team called London to instantly identity with. Also I've seen London added to team names in Europe, ie. Chelsea London, Arsenal London.

Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Roma, Ajax Amsterdam, PSV Eindhoven, Glasgow Celtic, Glasgow Rangers, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Paris St Germain, Marseille, Monaco etc. etc. Teams that are instantly identifiable with a place. Juventus are the only team in Europe that I can think of that aren't affected by having another team with the city name.
Successful marketing is due to 2 things imo. A clever strategy and most important success on the pitch.

As mentioned before, Villa are much more famous than Birmingham. People knowing where they're located hasn't hindered them in the slightest from am marketing point of view because they've been far more successful.

And the reason Juventus aren't affected by another team with the city name is due purely to success on the pitch.

Atletico Madrid and Manchester city are both overeshadowed by more successful neighbours despite also using the name of the city.

City's name are on people's lips in Spain now due to increased profile of winning stuff and having players like Aguero, Silva and Yaya Toure All down to their massive injection of cash. Not because people vae suddenly realised they have the word Manchester in their name.

Are you suggesting you're a better fan than him mate
Have I stated that I or he are more loyal to the crest ! Like I said it's a pointless discussion mostly started from people who dwell from the outside of the city . Who
What an absolute load of crap, you've went on a rant for nothing. The birds belong to the city, the 2 main one's on the liver buildings are symbols, 1 looking out to the sea to protect the seafarers arriving in port and the second overlooking the city to protect its people.

And I'm not a modern blue, so your petulant attempt to "out blue" me is pathetic. I've been going for 30 years and travelled across the globe, I haven't had one person associate the liver birds with the RS; they've known about the RS because they've been branded globally. That's the difference
I am well aware what they are there for , but who cares the Rs have branded them globally , from the streets were I grew up in Everton and Scotland Road we were taught to despise everything and anything associated with them . And they are associated with them . You sure your a blue ?

Have I stated that I or he are more loyal to the crest ! Like I said it's a pointless discussion mostly started from people who dwell from the outside of the city . Who

I am well aware what they are there for , but who cares the Rs have branded them globally , from the streets were I grew up in Everton and Scotland Road we were taught to despise everything and anything associated with them . And they are associated with them . You sure your a blue ?

I am a blue mate, It seems like you're trying to say blues outside of the city don't "get" Everton

Did you grow up on Scotland rd by any chance

Status
Not open for further replies.