Should EFC start to utilise blue liverbird?

Start the utilisation of the blue liverbird

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. In footballing terms it is synonymous with them. To start to use it even if we could would look as though we're trying to co-brand ourselves as their other. At the very least ape some of their image recognition.

Everton have enough idenitity and heritage as a club to not need to do this sort of thing.

If like me your from Liverpool you will always associate the birds with the city first, outside of Liverpool the majority of footy fans would see it as being "synonymous with them" as you say.

Last edited:
'Today a spokesman for LFC said: “Our position was always to solely seek to protect our specific version of the Liver Bird to stop its use in counterfeit Liverpool FC merchandise.'

Quote taken from the red echo itself so panic over.

Now where can I buy a blue liver bird??

What did Shambolic FC use before the Liver Building and Liver Birds were more symbolic of the city (i.e. at the time we were using it)?

I'm not that bothered about their use of it - more bothered of the mirroring of that by the LFC Echo with their RED Liver Bird. If that so-called newspaper wanted to be seen as a serious proper example of journalism their bird would not be red.

Of course we should talk in terms of it being Liver Bird S>>t

Bit about it here mate. http://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3188

Lads, why are we called Everton? We should be called 'The proper club in Liverpool we were here first and this isn't just an argument started by pedantic bores FC'?

Because 19th Century Kenwright equivalent didn't think "err hang on, isn't Liverpool a bit bigger place than err Everton" (ditto when we changed from SDFC to EFC) - and there was a spat over naming rights in 1892 (I think over the use of Liverpool (or Everton, can't remember) and the FA made a ruling.. probably in their favour as per.

Because 19th Century Kenwright equivalent didn't think "err hang on, isn't Liverpool a bit bigger place than err Everton" (ditto when we changed from SDFC to EFC) - and there was a spat over naming rights in 1892 (I think over the use of Liverpool (or Everton, can't remember) and the FA made a ruling.. probably in their favour as per.

They wanted to use our name.

Besides which.....Internazionale, Juventus, Flamengo, Benfica, Celtic, Rangers, Ajax, Panathinaikos, Galatasaray etc etc the name becomes more in grained when you win stuff which is what our main reason for being should be. Taking the name of the city isn't an issue if you are in peoples consciousness.

No one has said we should ditch any of our symbols like the tower. And the bird really isnt theirs. We can use it and we should use it.

In football terms it is accepted that the liver bird is associated with the devils children. That's the only reason I'm against it, I don't think we need them.

rps20161228_161714_926.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.