Shots fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Lampard to a great extent, the only thing I would say is that, at 2-0 down he changed it, chasing the game, we went more attacking 3-5-2 and that was a massive problem for us, because we then had 3 v 3 when they broke and we always looked like conceding when we lost the ball.

I sort of get it, because in the cup, if you’re loosing, you may as well chase it, but it wasn’t surprising that we conceded more.

The tactics yesterday were spot on but we lost 4-0?

The tactics yesterday may well have worked with a different group of players... but that's just a hypothetical isn't it? They didn't work for this group of players, so can we say they were spot on?

We saw with Ancelotti that, when we had players out, away from home we sat deep and hit on the counter and at set pieces and were very effective (granted in fan-less grounds). That to me is where the answer lies until we get a better centre half. A high press works in theory, but in practice exposes what is a v.poor defensive line to spaces that they are not competent enough to defend.

The tactics were working perfectly.

The players gifted them two goals and everything went out the window.

As per.

The same thing happened at Spurs.

We were the better team up until first Keane and then Pickford intervened.

This shambles is 100% on this group of players.

I agree with Lampard to a great extent, the only thing I would say is that, at 2-0 down he changed it, chasing the game, we went more attacking 3-5-2 and that was a massive problem for us, because we then had 3 v 3 when they broke and we always looked like conceding when we lost the ball.

I sort of get it, because in the cup, if you’re loosing, you may as well chase it, but it wasn’t surprising that we conceded more.
I can understand chasing the game although Gordon and Iwobi as wing backs was odd. I do, however, agree with his comments in the main. Doucoure and Gomes showed absolutely no composure whatsoever throughout the game and the rest of the team was little better.

In the same way you have to trust your manager on transfers, I think you have to trust him on man management.

None of us know these players. We think we do, but we really don't know what makes them tick, what they respond best to.

If Lampard thinks the bollocks stuff is what needs to be said, then I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on that for now.
Mate, what makes them tick is obnoxious salaries, ridiculous fashion, and luxury cars.

Most of them don't give a toss about EFC or the fans. Very few exceptions.

I can understand chasing the game although Gordon and Iwobi as wing backs was odd. I do, however, agree with his comments in the main. Doucoure and Gomes showed absolutely no composure whatsoever throughout the game and the rest of the team was little better.

We don’t have the squad to play 5-2-3, we need to play 3 central midfielders, I know yesterday it was tough because we only had 2 available, but I think moving forward we need to do that.

The tactics were working perfectly.

The players gifted them two goals and everything went out the window.

As per.

The same thing happened at Spurs.

We were the better team up until first Keane and then Pickford intervened.

This shambles is 100% on this group of players.

It doesn't have to binary.

I agree the players are massively at fault.

But also our tactics away from home have been naive.

Both can be true at once

The tactics yesterday were spot on but we lost 4-0?

The tactics yesterday may well have worked with a different group of players... but that's just a hypothetical isn't it? They didn't work for this group of players, so can we say they were spot on?

We saw with Ancelotti that, when we had players out, away from home we sat deep and hit on the counter and at set pieces and were very effective (granted in fan-less grounds). That to me is where the answer lies until we get a better centre half. A high press works in theory, but in practice exposes what is a v.poor defensive line to spaces that they are not competent enough to defend.

I think this is the problem though. I'm giving Lampard the benefit of the doubt here because I honestly don't think there are any tactics that can bring success to this particular mix of poor players.

I think you are wrong, look at the results and playing under the recent departed managers, same players. Face it some are not good enough.

What am I wrong with mate?

Did I say the players are without blame?

You're doing this;

He's making the same mistakes, and he's not being held to account because;

1. Apathy/anger towards players.
2. "We can't keep sacking managers!"

The manager isn't blameless.

For me it’s the Jimmy Joe’s and not the Xs and Os. Spin it any way you want on who should be playing where or in what formation, but I don’t think it makes much of a difference with this lot.

I think this is the problem though. I'm giving Lampard the benefit of the doubt here because I honestly don't think there are any tactics that can bring success to this particular mix of poor players.

Difficult to know whether there is a solution at the moment eh

Just got to scrap and hope that things fall in favour

No risk in calling them out. I'd go further and put pressure on them to refund costs for away games to fans.

Some additional gesture needs to be made like that, from the players pockets, not Moshiri.

Even if we get relegated we need to stick now and build for at least four years, this manager needs to grow with a group and build. Anything else and we are just wall papering over the cracks and making the same mistakes again and its just blood letting.

I think you are right, I agree with everything you said but I can't see any circumstance where we get relegated and Lampard stays on as manager.

Then they can put in transfer requests and get lost.
That got me thinking, who was the last Everton player to actually put in a transfer request - Rooney??

There’s not one of this bunch of cowards who would have the bottle to put in a transfer request. The reason being the vast majority simply don’t care - they don’t care if they’re not quite fit or have a “small issue” which gives them an an excuse not to play they’ll still pick up their ridiculously over paid pay packet at the end of every month! The majority don’t care if we lose, or even if they’re not selected, they’ll still get paid until their contract is up! Purely as an example Tosun is still here, he has supposedly had chance after chance to go but he says he will be here until his contract is up, I suspect there’s many like him in this squad!

Whose fault is that - the players themselves (?). A succession of managers/ the owner/ the chairman, two directors of football have all signed a total mish mash of players totally lacking in any sort of character, bottle, or pride in what they do/or are supposed to do!

We are are today is the culmination of year after year of sheer incompetence from the top down through pretty much every level of this club!

Status
Not open for further replies.