Shared Stadium on the Docks - Since When?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want one of these
140656.jpg

..................... in blue.

mr mittal, please listen to bill as he's no doubt been on his knees begging.
buy our club and build us something special.
a stadium that is unique and a team that will take on the world.

or one of these please
underground-stadium_28.jpg

Doha, the capital city of Qatar, also known for hosting a number of prestigious Asian games is all set to further glorify its sporting tradition when it will complete the constructional work of world’s first underground stadium in two years.
The underground stadium would be another scenic beauty in the country, where tourism sector is facing boom in recent years with inflow of 1.5 million visitors in every year.
Doha will spend nearly $20 million to complete the constructional work of the stadium which will be used for the upcoming 2011 Asian Cup football and other events.
However, the stadium is not named until today. It would be located 3km away from Al Ahli Stadium, reports the Peninsulaqata.
There would be no light towers near the stadium. It is the most unique feature of this futuristic stadium, which is said to be suitable for all-weather sports. More than 11,000 people can sit in the stadium gallery. They can come to the stadium from seven roads.
Constructed in an area of 200,000, the stadium will feature sophisticated audio and video technology to entertain the audience.
Doha hosted the 15th Asian Games last year and the 3rd West Asian Games in December 2005. It will host the 2011 Asian Indoor Games and finals for the 2011 AFC Asian Cup.

sorry to hijack the thread but i do have an issue with the egm, its linked to the stadium too.

we are apparently 'the peoples club' , so much so that kenwright thought it appropriate to give the fans a vote on kirkby.

now if we are 'the peoples club ' then why have the club set a rigid structure for questions at the egm ?

imo the 'people' have a lot of concerns and the club have a lot of questions to answer.but there not even giving us a platform to get to the bottom of whats going on with a lot of issues.

a cynical person could say the club passed the buck on the kirkby decision by giving the fans false information to scare them into voting for the decision the club wanted. (ie we are unable to bolock the board for the fans decision)

if we trully are 'the peoples club ' then the club will let the egm attenders ask all the questions that really concern them..

at the moment 'the peoples club ' tag is just a blatant sham.

Something on par with the 'Birds Nest' and Reidy said in 'Blue' would really be envy of the world....:p
That is a true world class stadium btw....We could do with some Chinese investment me thinks..:D

Stay in Goodison. After 3 years of the money coming in and building a side that can compete. Re-vamp Goodison like Man Utd did with Old Trafford.

I really wish we could, but Old Trafford is not landlocked like Goodison is, hence it'll cost a fortune to obtain any necessary land around it.

Old Trafford is not landlocked like Goodison is

oldt90s.jpg

newoldtrafford.jpg

In respect of redevelopment, most of OT's has been upwards. There are striking similarities between OT as was and GP. If Goodison Road is the Railway, the Scoreboard End the Park Stand, the North Stand the Bullens and the Stretford the Gwladys, then the complications already have solutions; was OT closed down whilst OT was being redeveloped? OT hasn't relocated the railway or filled in the canal; buy land now whilst prices are falling! Oops, forgot, we've no money. Anyway the before and after of OT shows what the board should have been doing over the last 15 years. And no, not entering into a debate on costs!

As for the Docks, MDHC had a scheme before Peel took over; Peel had more grandiose plans but maybe the present financial situation suggests that a stadium development is better than no development at all? I'll post an image tomorrow if i can find one. Trafalgar to Wellington Docks is the Central Docks Redevelopment area, with the stadium originally mainly on Clarence (with a canal running around the side of it - there's the transport issues solved!:D

Last edited:

the land around o.t. was industrial, it was also derelict so the land was available to use.

the parc de prince in paris has a motorway running underneath it, so re-routing of a major road could be done that way to give extra space behind the park end, the footprint would then be completely different. i believe that the bernabeau is dug down and street level is at the 2nd tier giving more space again.

the pic of the birds nest was when it was under construction as all the completed pics had a little too much red for my liking.

didn't chelsea also manage to sort their ground out before a certain russian arrived (or did he take over the debt ?) and thats on some of the most expensive land in the country.

i think that given a comment about the rs's stadium i.e. get on with it or the permission to build has been withdrawn (bradley i believe) then i can see a joint stadium being pushed. where and what it would look like is anyones guess, who would own what is also cause for question.
maybe lcc want it as the 4th grace.......gracie fields (couldnt resist sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.