Shared Stadium on the Docks - Since When?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonjblair

Player Valuation: £8m
Buried in this piece in the (ever reliable) News of the Screws:
EVERTON FANS IN REVOLT | Sport | News Of The World

is this little gem:

The Everton board will also be asked to look at a possible stadium-sharing scheme with Liverpool.
A site in the city’s docklands in North Liverpool – owned by one of the country’s leading property groups Peel Holdings – has already been earmarked as a potential site.
Such a scheme would minimise the cost to both clubs and have the backing of Liverpool City Council, who want both clubs to remain within city boundaries.
Has anyone heard anything about this one before? It's certainly news to me, but is allegedly the driver behind the attempt to scrap the exclusivity arrangement at the EGM.

More spinning from LCC.

"Everton were in an exclusivity deal". Bollocks. How long was the exclusivity deal for? What about the years before that when they constantly failed to deliver?

Time for Evertonians to get on the backs of LCC rather than just Everton.

More spinning from LCC.

"Everton were in an exclusivity deal". Bollocks. How long was the exclusivity deal for? What about the years before that when they constantly failed to deliver?

Agreed.

LCC have a lot to answer for. They'v [Poor language removed] on us time an time again. An the final nail was not letting us develop bellfield.

Shower of [Poor language removed].

Agreed.

LCC have a lot to answer for. They'v [Poor language removed] on us time an time again. An the final nail was not letting us develop bellfield.

Shower of [Poor language removed].

Nice to see its not only me seeing the obvious.

How LCC get away with it without any pressure from the likes of KEIOC is madness.

Time the fans tried to help the club out and forced a better deal.

More spinning from LCC.

No, it must be true, it's in the Screws. They're so honourable they'd spontaneously combust if they knowingly put a fib or exaggeration in print :rolleyes:

Of course, if the exclusivity deal were knocked on the head, LCC would have nothing to hide behind. Something else has just occurred too, if it was a joint development, just for once we'd get the breaks and the assistance from the council that the Dark Half get.... that'd be weird...

I believe LCC, Peel, NWDA are looking to regenerate that dockland area right through Vauxhall and up to link with Project Jennifer. I suppose a truly world class stadium would be a driver for this.

I believe LCC, Peel, NWDA are looking to regenerate that dockland area right through Vauxhall and up to link with Project Jennifer. I suppose a truly world class stadium would be a driver for this.

I know the 'exclusivity' argument is likely to bounce straight back, but why is this the first time we've heard of it? I don't recall it being on the list when they were spouting about the loop, edge lane etc etc

I know the 'exclusivity' argument is likely to bounce straight back, but why is this the first time we've heard of it? I don't recall it being on the list when they were spouting about the loop, edge lane etc etc

Timing I suspect. Presumably Bascombe has been given that info to print at this time because both ground moves are completely and utterly [Poor language removed]. Flagging up such a possibility prior to this point would have been pointless.

More spinning from LCC.

What about the Kings Dock ? LCC & Liverpool Vision offered us their prime available location, with huge public money subsidies. There's some revision of recent history occurring in this thread.

Assuming the shared stadium is back on the cards then locating to a dockland area seems ideal assuming it really is part of some regeneration project. I love docklands, just not so sure about sharing. Still, if is that or Kirkby I might be prepared to be persuaded.

lol

Why wouldnt I?

Actually, forget it. Its ALL the clubs fault.

LCC are doing everything possible to aid the club..... showing absolutely no bias to either club. Forgetting Stanley Park of course.

Council regimes change. The Storey/Henshaw LCC granted LFC the park, Bradley's regime oposes that policy of giving way parkland. Bradley stated yesterday that the lease promised to LFC for Stanley Park will be rescinded if they dont get their act together soon. The current LCC/NWDA policy preference is to encourage a shared ground in the city.

The present World/Everton/The [Poor language removed] financial situations are pretty dire and for sure ain't gonna go away overnight and IMO we should be thinking rational about the whole situation about sharing, because it's fast becoming the only viable option....then of coarse can one overcome the petty differences we share to move forward?....:dodgy:

Status
Not open for further replies.