Severe Injury Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
If somebody were to provide a chart for VAR decisions, then you'll probably find we are at the wrong end of those too, both for being awarded and awarded against. We may not be bottom but I'd bet my house on us being bottom quartile. Penalties awarded for and against too.

I saw this yesterday on Twitter, City have the worst outcome on VAR, we are second worst. If you can ever believe anything on twitter, but that is where the OP came from.

Delph aside, which injury prone players did we buy?

Would you not think Gomes and Gbamin skew this?
Agree.

Gbamin was nothing to worry about when he joined and if memory serves me right was not an injury prone player. But he was rushed through rehab by a manager completely out of his depth - his first game was a major red flag. His second breakdown while recovering from that was by all accounts just plain bad luck.

Gomes again was a freak injury. Tackles like that every game...still fuming at the Pray for Son attitude that the media was littered with though.

We have some freak incidents like Gbamin and Gomes which will heightened this stat but Delph, Mina and Walcott wouldn't help

Combination of both, blended with a lack of elite structure around medical / sports science / Physio.

Disagree with this. Gomes credited Danny Doniche with saving his career with his quick action on his ankle and both Davide Ancelotti and a number of the staff he brought in are very highly qualified/rated. They haven't turfed everybody out for being crap either.

In truth none of us know anything about how good or otherwise our physio and conditioning team are.

Mina played 29 games this season.

I know which is more then fair even Walcott played 25 games but these players picks up a knock here and there it all adds up.

When you think under Moyes we had a large percentage of players who would regularly hit 35 games even more.

I know which is more then fair even Walcott played 25 games but these players picks up a knock here and there it all adds up.

When you think under Moyes we had a large percentage of players who would regularly hit 35 games even more.

Bigger squads now though. We had 43 games by my count this season. A centre back rotating with 2 others playing 2 3rds of them is perfectly a acceptable to me.

Been saying it for two seasons that Brands buys too many players out of condition or injured when they come in. A risk that has backfired badly.

unless any injury shows up on the medical and deemed an issue then conditioning and medical issues surely can’t be down to Brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.