Severe Injury Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was some fly on the wall documentary from donkeys years ago following a football club whose name evades me at present.
However one thing I remember from the only episode I actually watched was a player saying that when the team is playing well the injury room is empty , conversely when the team is on a poor run the opposite is true.
Fairly obvious when you think about it I suppose.

There was some fly on the wall documentary from donkeys years ago following a football club whose name evades me at present.
However one thing I remember from the only episode I actually watched was a player saying that when the team is playing well the injury room is empty , conversely when the team is on a poor run the opposite is true.
Fairly obvious when you think about it I suppose.
Could be that the team is playing well generally because of the lack of injuries and more options for the manager to choose from.

In the category of questions unanswered, What are they classing as a severe injury?
If a player is subbed off due to injury?
If a player misses a game due to injury?
If a player misses X amount of games due to the injury?

It’s if a player is out for 4+ weeks

Is that just for this season? Do we have comparators for previous seasons?

Just having a nose online and it looks like Ancelotti brought in his own fitness and medical people. I think there are also longstanding staff. Maybe part of it is the revolving door policy of recent years, each manager has a different medical / conditioning team which may play a part. I.e. they have a different style or approach. Particularly given our already injury prone playing staff.

I mean in his field he was absolutely exceptional...just slightly murky

I see ours as some homeopath who gets through a lot of chickens and bought their ticket off the internet for £6.99 from the University of Nettle Water

Even if he was a proper professional homeopath it would be better than we have now

Luck plays a part in injuries especially on the field when you tackle or our tackled anything can happen. But muscles strains and injuries off that nature. I always think the way the players train is massive, and how they warm up and warm down. All coaches have different ways they keep the players fit. Maybe looking at teams with low injuries and see what difference they are doing compared to us. And finally also comes down to player how they keep themselves in shape.

How much of this can be put on having bad luck when you go out and buy injury prone players?

Just an awful stat to have....

View attachment 97752
Delph. Arguably Gomes too but we took him on loan for 12 months first, and I don't remember you, or many people for that matter, suggesting that we shouldn't make his deal permanent 12 months ago.

But we have had a lot of bad luck with injuries. I'm not surprised to see that we are the worst in the league.

If somebody were to provide a chart for VAR decisions, then you'll probably find we are at the wrong end of those too, both for being awarded and awarded against. We may not be bottom but I'd bet my house on us being bottom quartile. Penalties awarded for and against too.

I've said frequently in here, last season was a terrible one but we also had very bad luck with both injuries and decisions, and the latter especially can be a real kick in the teeth for the players, especially a young team like ours.

A few good additions in the right positions, including the odd on field leader, coupled with a change of luck on the injury and refereeing decisions front, and we aren't that far away in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.