Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
what????????
we had 70m worth of talent on loan and still couldnt get 7th.

silva is inconsistent and always has been. an unbeaten run, usually follows a horrendous loss of form that costs us the season or vice versa

Just spotted you bemoaning this season in the Silva thread too so it seems your opinion is not for budging here. You've bolded my very first line and asked "what???????" but if you'd read the rest of my post you'd find it answers any queries you might have.

Talk about the glass is half full @havrey0123 ......

We've looked decent the past month or so. Players look like they know what they're supposed to be doing. Probably going to off-load some deadwood too. But let's forget that and appoint a new manager with new tactics and re-start the team gelling process.

A new manager now would be the proverbial spanner and a step in the wrong direction. I had my reservations about Silva, but he looks like he may kick on and do something. He's certainly shored up the back line. A prolific striker / run of form from DCL next season may see points gained where they have been previously dropped. 1 forward step at a time please.

The RS get nights like they've just had, by contrast we've got lots of fans who don't even want us in Europe, most on little more than them not wanting an early start to the season and not wanting lots of Sunday league games.

Said this before, it's baffling not wanting Europe.

Currently the quality of the EPL is getting better and better than the Spanish and German leagues.

There's no better time than now to compete in Europe.

We’d somehow find a way to get knocked out by some pub team from Estonia.
And make 20 million for doing so.

Its amazing how much money you make just by even being terrible in the EL. Not wanting that makes no sense. If you dont want to get players tired, put in a B team, lose a bunch of matches, pocket the money, and you're better for it.

It'll be an interesting test for Wolves playing two games a week when this season they've had 10 players play 30+ league games and all of those except Jota having at least 30 starts. Honestly I'm glad it isn't us who are going to be stretched because I don't think we have the numbers for it and getting there in one window will be difficult.

We’d somehow find a way to get knocked out by some pub team from Estonia.

True, this picture is Everton in a nut shell:

1f8fad27ce5830c135ce0420dc0054ad8a56e2637f3c9aaeb0261bd7253a419e_1.jpg

Over the coming years, it´s very difficult to see us not going for anything other than this position. The competition for it will make it difficult as well. Right now Wolves, Leicester and Watford are all on a par with us. The latter I expect might drop off at some point but unfortunately I think the other two are here to stay.

Talk about the glass is half full @havrey0123 ......

We've looked decent the past month or so. Players look like they know what they're supposed to be doing. Probably going to off-load some deadwood too. But let's forget that and appoint a new manager with new tactics and re-start the team gelling process.

A new manager now would be the proverbial spanner and a step in the wrong direction. I had my reservations about Silva, but he looks like he may kick on and do something. He's certainly shored up the back line. A prolific striker / run of form from DCL next season may see points gained where they have been previously dropped. 1 forward step at a time please.
I don't think you should be using the term We've when talking to Havrey about Everton

Had a quick mooch through this thread.
My, that WolfMan guy decided to make some pretty valid points, in a manner and tone that was never going to work.
I’ll try a slightly different approach, while looking to debate some of things that have narked me in here.

It does look like you’ve got a fairly stable side together now, with a relatively easy route to improvement.
As in, a proper striker. Calvert-Lewin ain’t it.
Definitely agree that league positions would have ended up very different had we magically swapped number 9s.
Get that one signing right, as we did with Jimenez, fair to expect a better Everton next season.

However. Recruitment, signings working, providing value for budget, and Silva knitting it together in a reasonable time frame is where I have my doubts.
This is where WolfMan has a point, and generally got jeered with comments along the lines of ‘you’re a nothing club, while we’re the prem ever present and will throw another £300m at it’.

Ok. May well throw another £300m at it. How much improvement are you honestly expecting for that?
Took a long time for Silva to get something decent going out of current expensively assembled squad.
We spent 100m, took til Christmas to adapt to the league and settle on a new shape, then had top 6 form from there on out.

Put another way, which recruitment team and manager would you rather trust with your personal cash or football index account?

Whatever happens, I expect an interesting season coming up.
A lot of it will depend on the summer, but it could be an intriguing battle in the emerging premier league ‘middle class’ of Everton, Wolves, Leicester, Wet Spam and possibly Watford, hoping to capitalise on failing rebuilds at United and Arsenal.

With the possibility of both European finals have English teams and then City maybe winning the FA Cup is there a possibility that 8th will get Europa League next season? Not sure how it all works.

Status
Not open for further replies.