Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. May well throw another £300m at it. How much improvement are you honestly expecting for that?
Took a long time for Silva to get something decent going out of current expensively assembled squad.
We spent 100m, took til Christmas to adapt to the league and settle on a new shape, then had top 6 form from there on out.

Put another way, which recruitment team and manager would you rather trust with your personal cash or football index account?
Another 300m could make a massive difference to us. You have to take in to account a) that a lot of the money spent over Moshiri's reign was spent/wasted by Walsh/Koeman and co, and b) the success of the spending conducted by Brands last season, who is the person who will be conducting that business again next season. Also, if Silva took longer to get the team adapted then in makes sense to me that there is still (relatively) more room for improvement, as you would seem to be further along the curve, so to speak. I don't really follow Wolves (or any team other than Everton), so not sure how long your manager has been in the post? I'm assuming longer that Silva, who only came in last summer, and had to fix an all mighty mess. This again would add to the idea that we have more scope to improve imo.

Does any one know what happens if Arsenal win the Euafa cup.As they would qualify for Champions League, does it mean that 8th place would take their place in the Uefa Cup or would only 2 English clubs qualify. Sounds like clutching at straws, but you never know.

Does any one know what happens if Arsenal win the Euafa cup.As they would qualify for Champions League, does it mean that 8th place would take their place in the Uefa Cup or would only 2 English clubs qualify. Sounds like clutching at straws, but you never know.
Doesn't matter who wins the Europa, 7 teams max in all European competitions until that new jarg one starts up in a couple season.

To be honest, I think we can do without Europe, through 7th. Start the season in July, never goes well. Only way to qualify for us is top 6 or a cup.

AS someone said max of 7 in Europe. As an English club will win the CL then we have 5 in the CL next season, but which 5? It will be the top 3 plus the CL winner plus the Europa winner if English. Then 4th and 5th get Europa and that is that.

AS someone said max of 7 in Europe. As an English club will win the CL then we have 5 in the CL next season, but which 5? It will be the top 3 plus the CL winner plus the Europa winner if English. Then 4th and 5th get Europa and that is that.
The 5th could only be arsenal if they win the Europa. The other 3 finalists have already qualified for next years CL no?

All the plaudits of Wolves in the media. We could have put a stop to all that by beating a relegated Fulham. Of course they'd just completely ignore the 7th place finishers but at least we wouldn't be hearing how great Wolves are.

It will be interesting if Wolves "do a Burnley" following their early July start and finish up wrecking their chances of a top 6 finish next season. I do not know how big their squad is or its depth of talent. We or rather they shall find out.

I’d fancy Wolves to at least make the group stage, they aren’t nearly as bad and threadbare a squad as Burnley were, plus they have a bit of money and that agent funneling them players

Disagree. Europe would have been a great pre season.
Look at last season, or Burnley this season. All the extra games, takes away the managers time to sort things. Look the difference that two week break had for us.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be in Europe. But not that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.