Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would kill next season.

Squad isn’t up to it.

Say if we are in a similar position next season do we want Europa the season after? If a club would move forward we must consistently finish at 7th place and get Europa first and foremost. Then top 6, top 4 and CL...winning the title eventually.

Say if we are in a similar position next season do we want Europa the season after? If a club would move forward we must consistently finish at 7th place and get Europa first and foremost. Then top 6, top 4 and CL...winning the title eventually.
We’d undoubtedly attract better players with European football but perhaps Marcel Brands can pull some rabbits out of the hat and we’ll be better prepared this time next year?

You don't want to be in Europe off the back of a crap season like this.

What’s even the point in competing in the league if you turn down Europe ? We’re light years behind top 4 and have zero hope of getting into champs league any time soon... and yet we’re going to turn down playing in Europa league based on the belief it will hamper us the following season ? Hamper what exactly ? Our challenge to finish in Europa league spots and play in a tournament we don’t want to play in ?

What’s even the point in competing in the league if you turn down Europe ? We’re light years behind top 4 and have zero hope of getting into champs league any time soon... and yet we’re going to turn down playing in Europa league based on the belief it will hamper us the following season ? Hamper what exactly ? Our challenge to finish in Europa league spots and play in a tournament we don’t want to play in ?
Spot in here my thoughts exactly.

Can't really lose this one in our position for me.

Qualify for Europe and we've got European football. It's ace and it brings money, prestige and it is attractive to players who you want to sign unless they're from England.

Don't qualify and we're probably not ready as a squad any way and could do with another season of just domestic football to bed in new players and get the foundations solid before we go back into Europe.

Most people won't see it this way though, they'll see it whichever way is the most negative.

Spot on.

You don't want to be in Europe off the back of a crap season like this.

Nonsense. Qualifying for Europe is never a bad thing. Qualify by hook or by crook, regroup in the Summer, ship out the deadwood, make some astute acquisitions and start afresh with at least a handful of European nights to look for award to.

In the 06/07 season we qualified for the Europa when we finished 6th, 2 points ahead of Bolton and 3 ahead of Reading. The season after we had the Fiorentina knockout game which should have sent us through to the QF's of the EL and finished 5th. It can go either way, start winning in the competition and take your form into the league. For me I hope we qualify, even though we didn't get the result v Fiorentina the Old Lady was immense and I for one want more nights like that before we leave

We have the squad to cope, hence why we need to offload about 20 internationals, it's just their mentality that's weak

As I said, if we get it, stick the u23s in for as long as possible.

Yes, I want Europe. Do I think we’re ready to battle on 3 fronts for the start of the season? Probably not.

The u23s in my opinion would be able to beat your Ruzumborok’s of the world I reckon, it’ll give them valuable experience and if they go out, they’ve still got European football under their belt.
This
We have enough crap in our squad to leave all regular squad members st home when we play in the qualifiers.
If we get group stages only play first team players in the home games

Status
Not open for further replies.