Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
the last time we were in Europe we embarrassed ourselves. Given that I consider the present team to be as jellyfish-like (i.e.spineless) as as the one that embarrassed, I don't want it anywhere near Europe.

I got the impression there was no real desire to beat Fulham, I mean if they were truly awful and we won great but we weren’t gonna break a sweat. I’m not suggesting for a moment we aren’t trying to get Europe it just doesn’t appear we aren’t AREN’T trying if you get my drift.
We’ll turn up against United no doubt, maybe be the first team to beat Spurs at their place and then get spanked by Palace and Burnley finishing a 9th.

I got the impression there was no real desire to beat Fulham, I mean if they were truly awful and we won great but we weren’t gonna break a sweat. I’m not suggesting for a moment we aren’t trying to get Europe it just doesn’t appear we aren’t AREN’T trying if you get my drift.
We’ll turn up against United no doubt, maybe be the first team to beat Spurs at their place and then get spanked by Palace and Burnley finishing a 9th.
You could be right, Leicester and Wolves all the same at the weekend, can see plenty of lackluster performances coming by all 3 sides as we all try to avoid getting stuck in the Europa. Leicester is the one i hope gets it, be good to derail them for next season.

Didnt help the team the way we played, by park walking and going on boat trips before the game,getting them in the wrong frame of mind for the Fulham game we should have had our minds on the game-though to be fair i dont know if they did same type of thing before other games-though we never seen anything to suggest that on other games

I personally think it is gone now. But if we could get it great.

Hopefully we get a better draaw than last time but for the qualifiers, just bang out the squad players and kids like we did in that dead rubber last season.
If they get through...............great and than pick and choose the lineup for group stage as we see fit, but prioritise the league. Even to the extent of not having the first team players at the games or invovled at all in the build up.
Then, if we get to ther knock outs, we start to take it more seriously as the season goes along. Thats exactly how arsenal have gone about it and they are 9 points better off than they were laast year

There’s no World Cup or European Championship this summer just a couple of internationals post season for the majority of our players,so we shouldn’t suffer from not having a near enough full squad(possibly with some deadwood and new signings) .
We should be aiming to play European football every year. People say our league form will suffer,players will get tired etc,that’s up to the manager to do his job and ensure it doesn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.