Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, if we get it, stick the u23s in for as long as possible.

Yes, I want Europe. Do I think we’re ready to battle on 3 fronts for the start of the season? Probably not.

The u23s in my opinion would be able to beat your Ruzumborok’s of the world I reckon, it’ll give them valuable experience and if they go out, they’ve still got European football under their belt.

I think that's something people say once they can't qualify and they're trying to look for the positive side.

European football next season could help in player recruitment, it would bring extra revenue, make the club more desirable for potential sponsors etc etc. That's not to mention what a springboard it could be if the team goes on to do well or even win the thing...

Whilst there's even a chance of securing it that's what everyone should focus on.
(n)

We won’t get it. The players don’t have the mentality to even achieve this meagre accomplishment.
Last week, there were people suggesting that it was now about keeping this team together after the wins over Chelsea and Arsenal, honestly believing that a run at fourth was on the cards next season.

As you say, even the most minuscule amount of expectation has these players freezing when faced with a Championship team. That's why you can't put too much stock in results that come when there's nothing to play for and no pressure. Moyes did it numerous times, and it was the same in Koeman's first season.

As I said, if we get it, stick the u23s in for as long as possible.

Yes, I want Europe. Do I think we’re ready to battle on 3 fronts for the start of the season? Probably not.

The u23s in my opinion would be able to beat your Ruzumborok’s of the world I reckon, it’ll give them valuable experience and if they go out, they’ve still got European football under their belt.

....the U23s qualified for their own European competition not so long ago and lost virtually every game. They played teams in their own age group but who had experience of playing open-age football.

Your idea sounds good, but I think we’d struggle to win any games.

....the U23s qualified for their own European competition not so long ago and lost virtually every game. They played teams in their own age group but who had experience of playing open-age football.

The academy does a great job of producing EFL-level players, but very few of those that come through are equipped to add something to the first team.

It's something that I wonder if Brands is looking at.

The academy does a great job of producing EFL-level players, but very few of those that come through are equipped to add something to the first team.

It's something that I wonder if Brands is looking at.

....it only takes one, and the strategy of buying youngsters from elsewhere is certainly proving fruitful - Stones, Holgate, Lookman, DCL and the likes of Gibson getting rave reports in U23s.

....it only takes one, and the strategy of buying youngsters from elsewhere is certainly proving fruitful - Stones, Holgate, Lookman, DCL and the likes of Gibson getting rave reports in U23s.
Yeah, they've been doing a good job of poaching teenagers from elsewhere. It's the ones that have been here since childhood that seem to struggle.

Perhaps, but they were facing elite academy sides in Bayern and was it Dinamo Zagreb? I believe they'd do a number in the first couple of rounds, and then you could ease some of the senior fringe players in like Davies etc... just an idea if we do finish 7th that is.

Different question, but eggs do you think there are any real leaders on the pitch like the top sides have...those who could drive the team on?

I think that may improve our consistency simply by having on pitch leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.