Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs one of the 3 sky 6 to win the cup so I'll be cheering the 2 left in QF on. Then we need to finish 7th which is going to take some of our players to stand up and be counted starting against Wolves on Saturday. Early rounds we could use to look at the likes of Vlasic, Dowell, Holgate before we have to make a decision whether to keep or punt. Europe allows us to have a stronger bigger squad as there is more games for fringe players so I would like us to get.

Be made up with 7th personally, especially considering how poor we’ve been over the last 2 months.

Boggles my mind that we have fans that don’t want to qualify for the Europa League. Yes we will need to be very active in the Summer, both with incomings and outgoings, to sort out our squad but that’s exactly what we need to sort us out anyway. A run in the competition wouldn’t half spark some life back into the ground as well.

...Also there’s nothing better than a European away trip.

7th is very possible which is a damning indictment of the Premier League outside the top 6 given our form since the start of December. There's always media mention of managers doing excellent jobs at their respective clubs but none seem to have done much to capitalise on it. Or alternatively it could show that December / January has been little more than a prolonged spell of very bad form after a good start.

Over the course of a season the marathon not a sprint reasoning could be true and that bit of quality that was there early on can come back to the fore....he say's hopefully.

I'd love another crack at Europe. If the squads not big enough then it's a great opportunity to give younger players competitive first team experience in a competition where it's not the end of the world if things go wrong. Look at the two games against Apollon Limassol last season.

Even if we got 7th, it's definitely one of those seasons a no-mark team wins the FA Cup considering there'll likely be 4 prem teams left in the quarters. We could've been that no-mark team winning the cup if we knew how to defend and play on a sunday league pitch.

As a fan who wants us to compete, I want us to genuinely get a european qualifying place and not because a team further up the league has won a cup competition. It's like getting your older brothers old boots

It's like getting your older brothers old boots

I got these hand me downs in black.
26759801-4326-4E82-8D27-E8A17FB8089C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.