Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is embarrassing to finish behind a newly promoted team and another team who blamed us for their poor league form, along with taking their best player.

It's always 'next season'

Wolves are better equipped for the Prem than any recently promoted side, and they have excellent transfer arrangements. Watford are over achieving to a degree, but have a couple of players we could use, and Gerri playing the best football of his life. The fact that Gerri has been subbed in the last few games is down to player management, he has been playing as well as ever.

It was never really on anyway after the bad run we've been on too little too late. Especially with arsenal, united & spurs still to play. Plus the dreaded possibility as we've already had with the Man City game about what result we wanted if we were to challenge Wolves to the last game of the season for 7th they'd be playing the RS at Anf*eld who inevitably will be in the title race last game of the season.

If we were to do it I wouldn't trust us to plan a decent pre season around the qualifying matches anyway. The trips are great fun that's all I can say about it in a positive way atm.

I don't want Europe next season and if seventh gets Europe I don't want it.
We have seen with so many teams(including ourselves) how a Europa league campaign can disrupt a domestic season.
I would like us to continue for at least another season to build a team and squad that can function successfully on both fronts.

What about the allure of playing in Europe in attracting big name signings?

We have seen with so many teams(including ourselves) how a Europa league campaign can disrupt a domestic season.
I would like us to continue for at least another season to build a team and squad that can function successfully on both fronts.

I'm sure that's exactly what Brands is thinking! Our campaigns without Europe are a disruption. We need Europe, it's the next step in progression. I can't believe people don't want nights away that involve dusting their passports off. If only for the beer and time off work!

Reactions: Tez
I don't believe UEL qualification matters a huge deal in terms of attracting players, but it is infinitely better than doing without.

The prize fund has been increased and it raises a clubs profile - we could do with that.

I don't think any manager would rather not qualify. None worth his salt.

7th was a long shot but we have left our run too late and are now paying the price.

It both absolute and relative terms, I don't think its good enough but I recognise the recent upturn nonetheless.

European qualification has to be a minimum requirement for Silva next season, if we fail to achieve it, its a very poor reflection on him. One that should have consequences.

We’d only get our arse handed to us in Europe anyway.

At least?! Jesus, we haven't won a trophy for 24 years and we've got fans who'd actually rather we carried on finishing midtable for another couple of years for some warped reason. Unreal.

That is right, there would be so many games to play would not have a chance sorting our squad out, think of the likelihood of injuries with extra games our domestic season would be knackered.

Status
Not open for further replies.