Sergio Reguilon

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I constantly say, if we only discussed players and rumours that had substance this thread wouldn't be on page 7.

I think you are stretching.

I think its :

a) Digne is off and we are buying a replacement *20% chance
b) Carlo has lost it cos Baines left and doesn't want to risk Niels *20% chance
c) Sky Sports love the clicks from transfer hungry bellends like you and me *60% chance

1: Well my concern (as ive posted here and a previously) is that Digne didnt extend his contract when we lashed them out to Richarlison, Holgate and DCL.

If we did get £70mil ish for him then thats about £45mil for Reguilon and Gabriel with £25mil over. That may be interesting for Brands/Ancelotti as it also sorts out a Right back.

2: Ancelotti used to manage Real and at the time he was there Reguilon was in the youth team and just getting into their Bteam. He may have noticed him in the youth side and monitored him over the past few seasons.

He also would have contacts there and may have an idea having managed Digne that he wants them to play LB/LM.

Perhaps he prefers that to signing a backup left back...who knows?

They are such different players that it may be something he considers.

3: Sky Sports rubbish leaked by his new agent Joorabchian. But its such a lazy rumour when we have Digne. Really makes no sense he would be backup nor does it make sense that Sky would select us to use as the rumoured club.

Its all very peculiar. If we choose to believe the rumour then i hope were not selling Digne and playing both down the left.

I thought we bought a young left back anyhow, either he is good enough to be back up or it was a waste of time buying him. Pointless hoarding footballers in positions where the path to the first team is blocked. An 18 year old signing is about right, in 4 years they might be ready to take over from Digne at the right time to allow him another shot just at the point he is still worth loads but on the downhill.

So what your saying is we are going to put him to sleep, drive a van off a bridge and then mine his mind so he signs a 10 year contract?

Well that seems all perfectly reasonable and sensible.

Marion Cottilard is french. Lucas Digne is French.

Reguilon's girlfriend is roasting;

Theres where i currently am in my analysIs.

I thought we bought a young left back anyhow, either he is good enough to be back up or it was a waste of time buying him. Pointless hoarding footballers in positions where the path to the first team is blocked. An 18 year old signing is about right, in 4 years they might be ready to take over from Digne at the right time to allow him another shot just at the point he is still worth loads but on the downhill.

Niels Nkounkou is 19. The story was that he will be in the u23s adapting for the season.

If we take that to be true + Ancelotti wants a solid defence but doesnt want an old stopgap player then thats another reason why he or digne may be used at LM.

Marion Cottilard is french. Lucas Digne is French.

Reguilon's girlfriend is roasting;

Theres where i currently am in my analysIs.

I don’t want 7,000 words on his ability to press at the correct time, this is the content am here for

Sky Sports chat undiluted dog biscuits, occasionally they stumble on a story, but its probably around 2% strike rate.

I don't think we want 2 LBs on the Left, whether they can play together I don't know, I very, very much doubt it and consider it a terrible idea.

We ain't getting 80m, not an utter chance in hell, he's possibly worth it, but we ain't getting it.
With the rumours of Chelsea, city & even Utd wanting left backs who knows, what will happen.
He’s one of the best in the league and at a perfect age for them buying clubs.

If it helps us from a FFP stand point, I wouldn’t be against it. With loads rumours about it was going to be 2 or 3 additions. And then talk that Carlo Thinks the squad/team is a lot worse than he thought. And he’s told the board we need 5 or 6. Maybe selling Digne is the compromise.

Pure guesswork obviously and it will probably be rubbished by the morning

Niels Nkounkou is 19. The story was that he will be in the u23s adapting for the season.

If we take that to be true + Ancelotti wants a solid defence but doesnt want an old stopgap player then thats another reason why he or digne may be used at LM.
Sorry mate but I disagree, that wouldn’t work for me
Yes Digne is a good footballer, but if he was good enough to play further forward, he wouid already be playing there.

With the rumours of Chelsea, city & even Utd wanting left backs who knows, what will happen.
He’s one of the best in the league and at a perfect age for them buying clubs.

If it helps us from a FFP stand point, I wouldn’t be against it. With loads rumours about it was going to be 2 or 3 additions. And then talk that Carlo Thinks the squad/team is a lot worse than he thought. And he’s told the board we need 5 or 6. Maybe selling Digne is the compromise.

Pure guesswork obviously and it will probably be rubbished by the morning
Sorry mate but I disagree, that wouldn’t work for me
Yes Digne is a good footballer, but if he was good enough to play further forward, he wouid already be playing there.

If we take it to be true. Then the only options are Digne leaving or one of the two playing further forward.

For the money we would get for Digne we could sign Reguilon, Gabriel and Emerson with cash left over. He also didnt extend his deal when the 3 others did so may be off.

I do hold out hope that if true Ancelotti has devised something for both players.

Maybe we have been sounded out for Digne, we have looked at if there is anyone available to replace him, had encouragement in a player we rate and think we can get him for less than we can sell Digne.

If we are still in with the possibility of Gabrielle, we could potentially sign him and Reguilon for less than the fee we could receive for Digne. If we then sell Keane or Mina, All of that becomes full profit to put towards another position.

Digne is good, but he's not the huge influence on the team that makes him irreplaceable. In fact, I don't think we have any of them in our squad. Richarlison is closest to it. And Holgate has the potential to be. After that, there's maybe DCL who is entering the phase where he will either become one, or simply cement himself as a solid if unspectacular player, so they are all worth keeping while we find out. The rest should be and probably are open to offers.

If we take it to be true. Then the only options are Digne leaving or one of the two playing further forward.

For the money we would get for Digne we could sign Reguilon, Gabriel and Emerson with cash left over. He also didnt extend his deal when the 3 others did so may be off.

I do hold out hope that if true Ancelotti has devised something for both players.
Well say we get 50mil
Book profit if that’s how it works would be about 40mil. And that would enable us to buy 4x 30mil pound players on 5yr deals with wages of 80k

Do not sell Digne and replace him with someone nowhere near as good please.

If we sell any of the very few quality players we have, then we literally are an even bigger joke of a club than I thought. Ancelotti has a tough enough job already.

From a fiscal perspective it makes sense.

most fans can’t look at it from a fiscal perspective
Maybe we have been sounded out for Digne, we have looked at if there is anyone available to replace him, had encouragement in a player we rate and think we can get him for less than we can sell Digne.

If we are still in with the possibility of Gabrielle, we could potentially sign him and Reguilon for less than the fee we could receive for Digne. If we then sell Keane or Mina, All of that becomes full profit to put towards another position.

Digne is good, but he's not the huge influence on the team that makes him irreplaceable. In fact, I don't think we have any of them in our squad. Richarlison is closest to it. And Holgate has the potential to be. After that, there's maybe DCL who is entering the phase where he will either become one, or simply cement himself as a solid if unspectacular player, so they are all worth keeping while we find out. The rest should be and probably are open to offers.

Agreed.

Id expect around £70mil for Digne. City have been signing full backs for £40/50mil and none of them have worked out.

Their defence needs work and theyre doing £41mil on Ake which is a huge fee for a relegated defender.

If Reguilon is £18mil and Gabriel £27mil then £45mil leaves £25mil.

Gabriel replaces Keane who is sold for £25mil ish.

We magically have £50mil and two very good new players as opposed to one donkey and one star.

Status
Not open for further replies.