Sergio Reguilon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player.

Better than Digne.
I think he'll be better defensively but not offensively. Digne creates so much and one of the highest creators in league from for a defender but is slower paced when defending.

I think he'll be better defensively but not offensively. Digne creates so much and one if the highest creators in league from for a defender but is slower paced when defending.
I like digne and think he’s our second best player, but I have a terrible habit of judging him by Leighton Baines peak standards and he’s not close.

In all honesty, we can't blame the likes of Digne and Richarlison if they leave. They have been promised we are going to challenge and make big signings, yet we brought in Delph, Gbamin and unproven Kean this season. Hardly transfers to get the top 6 quaking in their boots. And what must they have been thinking when Tom Davies wore the captain's armband earlier this season?

We have been an utter shambles and these two players deserve better. They owe us nothing as they have given their all for us for 2 seasons now, only to finish 8th and 12th..

I look forward to seeing which of the relegated teams fleece us for the profit we make on them... My money is in us paying 60mil for glass legs Callum Wilson and probably another 50mil for Doucoure. We will probably go into the season a with Delph our first choice left back. Prove me wrong Brands, PROVE ME WRONG!!!
100% agree with every word there

I said a few weeks ago if selling Digne for 50mil. Plus raising maybe another 30/40 from other sales. Helps us buy the 5 or 6 first teamers then I would do it.

Has the board said to Ancelotti, that to get the players he wants someone needs to be sacrificed.

I’d imagine by tomorrow morning this will turn out to be Rubbish

While I doubt this is happening it does kind of make sense, for a number of reasons
He's young so has resale value regardless of how he does here,
To challenge at the top you need quality throughout the squad, not just the first 11,
Top sides have a plan b and c,
Carlo has shown a liking for 5 at the back, with Coleman at RCB with Sidibe ahead of him, maybe this could be the left side version with some combo of Sergio and Lucas?

Conclusion
Sergio Reguilón has performed at an impeccable level this season, while some would even argue he’s been one of the top fullbacks in La Liga this season. This analysis has demonstrated how his impressive attacking contribution combined with his tenacious style out of possession makes him an ideal left-back choice for any club that implements a high-pressing, possession-based brand of football. If he can improve upon his final ball and his timing when pressing, there is no doubt that he can become one of the best fullbacks in Europe.

Im sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.