Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not entirely sure what point you're making, or even whether you agree/disagree with what I posted, but regardless of nationality I'd argue that both our last two managers have been the same type of insular, comfy appointments that Dyche would be.

We basically went to smaller clubs whose manager was seen to be doing a good job, and pinched him away.

They might have been foreign appointments but they were hardly plucked from exotic foreign climes with hopes they could breathe exciting new ideas into the club. They came from Southampton and Wigan.

As others have written...its the continuation of our go-to managerial criteria whereby we either appoint an ex player, or a perennial overachiever at a small club.

I'm not optimistic that we have a vision beyond that.
Not sure what you want if you don't want an "over-achiever". An under-achiever maybe?
Or an exotic name from exotic climes? Or the manager from one of out "top six" clubs?

The fact that many on here wanted Vitor Perreria to be Evertons manager means most dont know anything.

Many also creamed over signing Sandro and didn’t want Vardy.

We know nothing.

Never wanted perreira and I actually said I would have bought Vardy if possible... would have been exactly what we are missing... a goal scorer with pace

It looks to me that this guy is the chosen one...the other names are there just to lower his demands. He would be a good choice I think as he has the best tracking record of all the other managers. Yes he got relegated but even then it would have been impossible for him to save Burnley the first time around,and actually did quite well to push it until he did before relegation. Did great at Watford also. Perfect premier league manager...great to rebuild the squad until we can see expect to see bigger names!
Or, not...

Anyway back to Sean Dyche, if you can bring yourself to think of that.
Anyway back to Sean Dyche, if you can bring yourself to think of that.
DABC_FrXoAEJBX1.jpg

shan't

Just can't get enthused about this guy. In comparison Roberto Martinez had a better pedigree when we approached him - an fa cup win, reputation for exciting football and for getting unlikely results against top teams at least. Even though Moyes was in div one at time he at least had quite a reputation as the next up and coming coach. God even Mike Walker had a crack at the title with Norwich.

This guys just steady isn't he?? Just another average coach? Just keeping his team up against the odds for a couple of years before eventually falling short. Ten a penny over the years surely?

Just can't get enthused about this guy. In comparison Roberto Martinez had a better pedigree when we approached him - an fa cup win, reputation for exciting football and for getting unlikely results against top teams at least. Even though Moyes was in div one at time he at least had quite a reputation as the next up and coming coach. God even Mike Walker had a crack at the title with Norwich.

This guys just steady isn't he?? Just another average coach? Just keeping his team up against the odds for a couple of years before eventually falling short. Ten a penny over the years surely?
They fall short eventually due to lack of investment in the squad.....

That's exactly what Burnley have done these past couple of years.

I would not be overly excited about Dyche but then if he is given better resources maybe he will manage in a different way.

I wonder how Guardiola would do at Burnley ?

We can be critical of managers but when they cannot afford to buy any player they wish and are forced to work with what they have then sometimes a system is forced on them....as it will be with us until January at the earliest no matter who is appointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.