2023/24 Sean Dyche

Yeah, we had 2 seasons barely escaping from relegation. We might have a +12 deduction in future, at least we are 8 points up that. It's awful to watch a lot of times, but we are looking far more competitive. But every one of us would like to see splendid football, but better we get cheeky wins than we die in beauty and lose.
Yeah, we're not just in a situation where we are trying to avoid relegation, but in a situation where the finances mean the repercussions of relegation with the potential spiral of administration could destroy the club for a generation. There has never been more pressure on getting results, possibly ever in the history of the club.

And under that pressure he's kept us up once and is on course to deliver a team that, barring a points deduction he can't control, should avoid a similar level of late-season stress this season.

It might not look like Man City, but the fella is getting the results we need and I'm grateful to him for it.

I'm glad we're winning at least those games, even if they're chaotic at best most of the time. Currently (small sample etc.) we're at 50% win rate away which is great.

They are, but we play half of our games at home, we can't keep losing those.

I am - I've said I don't like the man as a football manager, but he's not doing himself any favours either by making the exact same mistakes.
Do you like him as a man though?

At the end of the day we all asked for results when everyone was banging on about xG imaginary points earlier in the season, so I’m not going to complain about the way we’re playing if it’s leading to results. We’ve been much improved since the Bournemouth game and let’s hope we can continue that and be nice and comfortable for the second half of the season.

Exact same mistakes as what?
3 points away is a mistake...
Everton win again, get 3 points and put in another great performance and some people think that coming on to this forum less than an hour after that fabulous win to fume about hypothetical mistakes is the way to go.
Anyone said “yeah, but we lost to Luton!” Yet?…

At the end of the day we all asked for results when everyone was banging on about xG imaginary points earlier in the season, so I’m not going to complain about the way we’re playing if it’s leading to results. We’ve been much improved since the Bournemouth game and let’s hope we can continue that and be nice and comfortable for the second half of the season.

No identity?, this is the first time in years I feel we do have an identity. Is it pretty NO, but it’s bloody effective.
Agree, I sometimes don't understand what people want in terms of "identity". For me this side under Dyche feels more like Everton than anything since Moyes.

And TBH it isn't THAT ugly. We've just scored 3 goals away from home, it's not like we're grinding 0-0s.

1699725274443.png