2023/24 Sean Dyche

Let's rephrase then - we play crap football, no idea other than either hit and hope or pump in the box, our forward is isolated all game with 30 yards between him and anyone in midfield (or alternatively - he's back defending as we've parked the bus and will never create for him), no possession, no build up (or at least not often enough) etc. There's no style, no identity, no ideas. It's not that difficult to understand or see this. But I guess we have fight, fair enough.

Erling Haaland and City (mad example here) play a brand of football that creates chances either for him or for the rest of the team.

Ours is to lump it in and hopefully it comes off Doucoure's shin at the right angle for a goal, or for Young to play the ball down the right hand side to isolated DCL. Dycheball.

Either way, 3 points is 3 points and Dyche will be a slug.
Pure delusion based off of nothing but Dyche’s reputation. We play generally great football for the quality of player we have.

Frankly if I heard this opinion from a non-Everton fan I’d tell them outright that I have no doubt that they haven’t watched Everton this season. I genuinely cannot understand how you, an Everton fan, can watch this team every week and suggest that we play crap football with no idea. Pure delusion and insanity.

Every single day, to avoid a Wimbledon/Coventry/Palace/Bournemouth.

I’d rather play boringly in the top flight than brilliantly in a lower tier.

Also if we got 6 pts taken a way right now we’d still be outside the bottom 3.

Dyche is the right tool for the current job.
Any idea when the decision will be announced?

If that was 6 league wins in 9 league games I'd be fuming a lot less.

It's not, however, and we have 14 points from 12 games.
I'm against Dyche, but in fairness he was not able to play a decent striker for the first 5-6 (haven't checked) league games. DCL started against Villa but lasted about 25 minutes, apart from that it was Maupay and Beto who is far from convincing.

Results are picking up and that's a great thing.

I'd love to have a better manager that gets us playing some decent football though, although looking at the players we won't ever see the likes of McNeil or Harrison skinning their defenders, or Garner dribbling through the midfield to score, or the full backs bombing up the field putting in 4-5 quality crosses a game. We have decent players but definitely with their limitations.

Maybe that's why our football is so crap and maybe Dyche is exactly what we need and I'm wrong.

What are your thoughts on Sean Dyche‘s away record? The points for a win and draw are the same whether you play at home or away.
I'm glad we're winning at least those games, even if they're chaotic at best most of the time. Currently (small sample etc.) we're at 50% win rate away which is great.

They are, but we play half of our games at home, we can't keep losing those.
I think you are just anchored to your view tbh.
I am - I've said I don't like the man as a football manager, but he's not doing himself any favours either by making the exact same mistakes.