2023/24 Sean Dyche

What a mad statement. That’s Michael Owen levels of “the team that scores more goals usually wins the game”.

Yes of course if the shots don’t go in we lose? If Erling Haaland doesn’t get a shot on target for the rest of the season that’ll probably mean he won’t win the golden boot either, is that likely to happen? Do we judge him as a player going off of that assumption?

Again. Mad statement.
Let's rephrase then - we play crap football, no idea other than either hit and hope or pump in the box, our forward is isolated all game with 30 yards between him and anyone in midfield (or alternatively - he's back defending as we've parked the bus and will never create for him), no possession, no build up (or at least not often enough) etc. There's no style, no identity, no ideas. It's not that difficult to understand or see this. But I guess we have fight, fair enough.

Erling Haaland and City (mad example here) play a brand of football that creates chances either for him or for the rest of the team.

Ours is to lump it in and hopefully it comes off Doucoure's shin at the right angle for a goal, or for Young to play the ball down the right hand side to isolated DCL. Dycheball.

Either way, 3 points is 3 points and Dyche will be a slug.

Palace is one of the toughest away days.

Our supporters were brilliant today, you couldn't hear the Palace ones and they are brilliant on their own patch.

Id love that Eze here, be brilliant for us.
I like Palace tbh, about as much as you can like another prem team that is. I can't say I wasn't singing a long with the Palace fans when they gave us Crystanbul. lol

We’re one point of now the 15 we had when he took over from Lampard after 21 games last season, we’ve played 12 games so far. ;)

6 wins in 9.
Got to give massive credit to both Dyche and Thelwell for such a huge improvement in results when you consider that since Dyche took over we've not just improved the team significantly but turned a large transfer profit while doing it.

This is by far the biggest thing for me. The players respect Dyche. We are still a bit raw at times and unpredictable but I don’t see a team of bottlers anymore. I actually give him more credit that he went through extreme adversity and the players didn’t mutiny. They have his back.
Seeing unused subs like Danjuma and Chermiti running on lifting the goalscorers up after the final whistle. Dyche has built a united spirit, where lampard and benitez seemed to build division and indecisiveness

He needs to be a bit cleverer, a bit more “street smart”, there’s times to play out from the back, hold onto possession, get the team up the park and take the sting out of constant waves of opposition attacks. We need Pickford to stop punting the ball up the park as much. It’s not rocket science and we have the players to do it, they are technically good enough. Try make things easier for yourself and harder for the opposition.

lack of football knowledge.

I said “there’s only one winner here” which there was, it was Everton mate.

I said Doucoure is an absolute cart horse. He is, he’s one of the worst midfielders to ever grace this beautiful club.

So, I’m right there fella
He's far from one of the worst midfielders to ever grace Everton Football Club. You can't seriously have watched much football.

It has to be said: I think this season in 15 games cup and league we've been the better team in about 10/11 of them.

He's not getting an awful lot wrong.

I said he had to go if we'd lost against B''mouth, and I think given our position at the time it would have been the right call.

But he's got these players onboard and digging deep and we haven't really looked back since apart from the derby where we got robbed of a fair chance to get a result.