2023/24 Sean Dyche

I don’t even think we play awful footy most of the time. We struggled today because Palace were at home and feeling themselves. It was a very difficult game. Notice how we started getting into good positions directly after Palace scored. It was tactical and we scored the winner. Dyche can turn it on when he wants to. It was a tough game- take it for what it was

Football isn't beautiful to watch atm, but we have 1 point less than after 21 rounds last season, and likely look to be 8 points away from relegation by tomorrow.

I think in last six weeks we've seen the difference between guy with experience of managing in the premier league for nearly a decade now in Dyche. And a complete novice/fraud (circle your favourite term) in Lampard.

Contrary to popular belief Lampard had a decent opening 10 games last season but then you had those poor defeats to Leicester and Bournemouth going into the world cup break and completely imploded afterwards. Marginalising someone like Doucoure who with the present style is completely critical.

Dyche at no point in his tenure has panicked. Not after losing 4-1 at home to Newcastle which things looked really bleak. Not after 1 point from first 5 games. Or after losing at home to Luton.

He's steady and trusting and I think you see that reflected with the team spirit on the pitch currently. It's the best it's been for a while and today is the sort of game that would've been lost 3-2 probably six months ago.

The away form has been genuinely excellent since he came in. I'm actually not sure the team have lost an away game you'd expect at least a draw from under him so far?

So the next step is getting some regular wins at Goodison now which won't be easy but there is at least goals in this team now compared to August/September so that should get a few home wins eventually.

Reposting from the Palace match thread.

Moan all you want about Dyche's subs but he has instilled a belief and grit in this team to keep going no matter what. And guess what? You get rewarded for attitudes like that in tough games sometimes.
In fairness with subs too I’m not quite sure what people expect at the moment. On that bench today Gana, Beto and Danjuma are the only ones of real quality and Gana is the only one of those 3 that isn’t a downgrade ( I think Danjuma has more quality than McNeil, Harrison and Doucoure but lacks the vital work rate to replace them).

I think his hands are tied a bit with subs unless players are physically too tired to continue.

No, Dyche is a slug and I've said as much since his day 1, vault me, NEA.

We play crap football and hope for some moment of magic in nearly every game, when it doesn't come it's the worst football in the Prem.
The manager can't make subs if his life (or in this case no doubt - job) depended on it and his ingame management is reactive when it's too late.

But we got a win today and only 3 points matter etc.

Unbelievable.

1 loss in 6 games...4 of them wins.

But you want to roll the dice on another manager.

No wonder we are where we are.

Fair.
View attachment 234936
Bet you were happy with him when this was our run of form too?
No it was worrying, but in that run we dominated Fulham and Wolves and we were very good against Brentford. I had feared that wasting those performances at home and not getting results would see heads drop. All credit to the gaffer for keeping them going and getting the results in the end.

No it was worrying, but in that run we dominated Fulham and Wolves and we were very good against Brentford. I had feared that wasting those performances at home and not getting results would see heads drop. All credit to the gaffer for keeping them going and getting the results in the end.
Credit to him for 1 win in 6 home games this season too.

We cannot ignore these things for gods sake.

No, Dyche is a slug and I've said as much since his day 1, vault me, NEA.

We play crap football and hope for some moment of magic in nearly every game, when it doesn't come it's the worst football in the Prem.
The manager can't make subs if his life (or in this case no doubt - job) depended on it and his ingame management is reactive when it's too late.

But we got a win today and only 3 points matter etc.
Bait, not biting

You've got me there mate. Now you can rub off the embarrassment of showing your lack of football knowledge twice today 🤓
lack of football knowledge.

I said “there’s only one winner here” which there was, it was Everton mate.

I said Doucoure is an absolute cart horse. He is, he’s one of the worst midfielders to ever grace this beautiful club.

So, I’m right there fella