2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think it’s something mad like as many away wins in our last 4 as all of last season. Wasn’t a pretty performance or anything like that but the fact is scoring 3 goals away from home against any team is a great achievement, nevermind the fact that with a half decent referee and a brain fart not happening to Tarkowski we’d have had a comfortable 3-0 against 10 men.

It is mad what Dyche has done with Doucoure though, it’s not just him, like Mykolenko too, but I’ve said it is incredible to me that some people want Dyche out when he’s getting great performances out of players that only this time last year we could all have said were terrible. He’s doing a fantastic job for us.

Subs are ropey, and style of play is questionable, but the transformation of our soft-arse easily wobbled mentality that has been there for over a decade is entirely down to him. It’s consistent now. Pretty awful today against some dangerous players and still take the win. 12 months ago we were fiddling with travel arrangements to try and make away games more like home games.

Begrudging credit to the bloke surely? On the mentality point alone, ignoring everything else, he’s worked a miracle here.

Well, we fluked the win, while playing horrible, ugly, unproductive and overall crap football with a manager who can't game manage, thinks subs are illegal and is allergic to adapting to any situation.

In other words, Everton somehow win, Dyche remains a slug.

On to next week, where it will hopefully be the same result, and Dyche will also again remain a slug.