2023/24 Sean Dyche

My position has not and will not change on Dyche, can't stand the man and I don't rate him as a manager, however, I tolerate him because I know it will be difficult to replace him with anyone significantly better, bearing in mind the issues at the club. Yesterday was a good result, in fact it was a good performance, but, I still think he is one dimensional and I think this will, eventually, bite us on the bum.
I mean, our bum has mostly been bitten off already - long before Dyche rode into town.

But I do have a (hopefully unwarranted or irrational) worry that we’ll never be able to escape the circling of the plughole under his command.

That’s my main concern, and the one I’d love to but just can’t shake: that eventually, he’ll relegate us.

I mean, our bum has mostly been bitten off already - long before Dyche rode into town.

But I do have a (hopefully unwarranted or irrational) worry that we’ll never be able to escape the circling of the plughole under his command.

That’s my main concern, and the one I’d love to but just can’t shake: that eventually, he’ll relegate us.
Unfortunately my friend, I think it will be more imminently than eventually.

Things are far from fine, but our performances so far this season suggested that the goals were coming so yesterday feels like a healthy step in the right direction.
Way I see it- if we start scoring and winning, Dyche was not the problem. If we continue to blow games like we did with Wolves, Fulham and Sheffield, there is an underlying problem that he has not addressed. Most of the goals we have given away have been shocking. He tried to prove a point and start Maupay who may be our worst ever signing. He needs to be held accountable but should be given the benefit of a doubt if he continues winning important games.

Some of the comments on here this week about Dyche really angered me. The guy isn't a miracle worker. We were deep in a relegation battle and a complete mess when he took over with nothing whatsoever to smile about.

We were unfit, no striker, unbalanced and had zero fight. He kept us up when we were virtually gone after the West Ham away defeat. He has addressed all of the above, all whilst dealing with the negative circus off the pitch.

There were chinks of light starting to show even before yesterday. He is exactly what we need at this moment in our history. Some of you lot should just shut up sometimes and have some patience.

I hope @chicoazul vaults the lot of you.

Just quoting this post as I saw @ricardobee laughed at it.

Happy your still with this parish brother, post more please.

I agree 100% with the bit about us flirting with the drop, but don’t see that as Dyche. Never known a club survive as long as we have with the internal turmoil.

I agree 100% with the bit about us flirting with the drop, but don’t see that as Dyche. Never known a club survive as long as we have with the internal turmoil.
Well what we need from a manager, at some point, is for them to break the pull of the drop.

For all that off the field decision making has got us here, it’s up to the manager to change the team’s trajectory on the pitch.

do people genuinely think Potter would be be better than Dyche? If so, what is that based on?

Working at Brighton under far less pressure than at Everton his record is 43 wins, 43 draws, 48 defeats. Dyche’s record here is 7 wins, 7 draws, 11 defeats.

Potter moved to Chelsea (another basket case of an club) and absolute flopped. Why would it be any different here? Plus he actually had decent players there.

Points on the board isn’t great and there are a few criticisms we all share of Dyche including his in game changes but this season, in games we are expected to compete in, we’ve been the better side and should have won them. It’s not been long ball, we’ve had decent periods of play and created lots of chances in them games. Usually between 15-20.

Villa we got battered and that happens. Arsenal the game plan was to try and hit them on the break and in the main we defended well, ultimately we didn’t use the ball well. I’m not going to judge him on a game against one of the leagues best sides who had only conceded about 9 shots on target all season to that point.

Going back to the subs, it’s very easy to say why doesn’t he just stick another striker on and while that might increase our chances of scoring, it also could increase our chances of conceding. It’s not a video game.

I think so many footballs are blinded by progressive football and it philosophy that we sometimes we forget it’s okay to be pragmatic. Dyche isn’t going to win us the league, or even get us into Europe. But he can get us back to mid table and build a platform for us to build from.

Can’t stand the man or the football he peddles , but if he can continue to deliver results like yesterday on a regular basis , I’m happy enough.
What football does he peddle? Yesterday we played some good football in possession. 3 goals. More chances created per 90 than Lampard and less chances conceded. Baffles me that people can't see how much the performances have improved over the last season

Onwards and upwards
As I said multiple times - agree and hope for that too and that I'm wrong in being negative about Dyche.

As it stands it's 1 in 6 from a very favourable starting schedule, is all. Praise where praise is due but unless we string a few together - "we nearly got a win against X" doesn't count for any points.

What football does he peddle? Yesterday we played some good football in possession. 3 goals. More chances created per 90 than Lampard and less chances conceded. Baffles me that people can't see how much the performances have improved over the last season
I can see it, but then again I'm not looking at Dyche through claret and blue tinted glasses. I just see us playing some good stuff