2023/24 Sean Dyche

I’ll start to reevaluate the impact be is having on us if we get six from Bournemouth and Luton. If he fails to do that my view stays the same….he has been disappointing.

It’s one thing having a better Xg than last season (I wouldn’t have thought that was hard) or us playing in a way at times we did not expect (with most having expected constant hoofball), but the fact remains, beating Luton and Bournemouth and putting us on 10 points is probably where all us expected us to be given what has been a not too difficult start to the season.

Genuinely can’t wait until Villa put us out the cup and Luton take at least a point off us to come in here and blame the Dyche fanboys for Everton’s ruin.

I think we need to look into the issue of the Park End tbh. It’s a cursed stand, I’m convinced 90% of goals we’ve ever conceded at Goodison have been in the last 15 minutes at the Park End. It sucks the ball in for the opposition and seems to suck our own players in towards it, deeper and deeper until we inevitably crumble and concede.

It will be my overriding memory of Goodison, a looping header floating over Pickford/Howard/Martyn/Wright/Myrhe and nestling in the Park End net while the tiny pocket of away fans just to the left goes wild.

“[insert opposition] goalscorer, number [insert number], [insert player name]” rings out over the tannoy in a dreary unimpressed voice as it teems down with rain. The sound of plastic seats clapping shut as everyone gets up to leave.

Just knock it down and play in front of the car park tbh.

Dyche only trusts older players though:

Starting:
Branthwaite 21
Onana 22
Garner 22
McNeil 23
Mykolenko 24
Beto 25

Bench:
Dobbin 20
Chermiti 19
Patterson 21

Absolute dinosaur brexit ball, can’t believe he bought Jay Rodriguez to go behind Che Adams and gave Maguire 150k a week to partner Keane.
Are we ignoring the others or?

Also are we ignoring the fact he has no one else?

Coleman fit and his dream backline is Coleman - Tarkowski - Keane - Young.

Fairly certain they don't to be honest.

I mean part of me hopes they don't, as it makes it funnier when it works lol
There is a certain type of ego which reacts horrendously to my tripe. It should be an opportunity to reflect perhaps it’s they who are too uptight, self righteous and sneering. However in my experience this is a rare outcome. So we must dance until they realise how silly they look to the audience and then become self aware, which is progress, or become so angry they become banned.

I hope Mr Dyche does well for Everton as he is Everton‘s manager and changing Everton managers continually has helped bring Everton to a mish mash squad of players and on the cusp of ruin. I do not wish to choose an opinion on Mr Dyche early to passively aggressively show both my prowess at football analysis and being more disconcerting than others over our beloved Everton. No, instead I shall remain pragmatic and offer vanilla opinions as in the absence of a crystal ball I can’t see the future and it’s only really a game, isn’t it?

I think we need to look into the issue of the Park End tbh. It’s a cursed stand, I’m convinced 90% of goals we’ve ever conceded at Goodison have been in the last 15 minutes at the Park End. It sucks the ball in for the opposition and seems to suck our own players in towards it, deeper and deeper until we inevitably crumble and concede.

It will be my overriding memory of Goodison, a looping header floating over Pickford/Howard/Martyn/Wright/Myrhe and nestling in the Park End net while the tiny pocket of away fans just to the left goes wild.

“[insert opposition] goalscorer, number [insert number], [insert player name]” rings out over the tannoy in a dreary unimpressed voice as it teems down with rain. The sound of plastic seats clapping shut as everyone gets up to leave.

Just knock it down and play in front of the car park tbh.
This sounds like a mighty good thread idea buddy.

I just think we need a bit of momentum and confidence which hopefully this result has given us. Not that I'm.a particularly a Dyche fan but think the team is built better than last season. If we can just get the cloud of relegation not so heavy over us with a couple wins now I think we'll have an ok season by recent standards. But that's a big if I know.

Starting:
Branthwaite 21
Onana 22
Garner 22
McNeil 23
Mykolenko 24
Beto 25

Bench:
Dobbin 20
Chermiti 19
Patterson 21

Absolute dinosaur brexit ball, can’t believe he bought Jay Rodriguez to go behind Che Adams and gave Maguire 150k a week to partner Keane.
I mean, he has been forced into playing Branthwaite. He virtually had no other option based on the way Keane was playing and the way fans were reacting to that.

he has 1 win in 6. Let’s see him get a few more wins before deciding he is fantastic.

Starting:
Branthwaite 21
Onana 22
Garner 22
McNeil 23
Mykolenko 24
Beto 25

Bench:
Dobbin 20
Chermiti 19
Patterson 21

He only started playing Branthwaite because the defence was so bad against Villa. He started the season reverting back to his old Burnley defence.

There is a certain type of ego which reacts horrendously to my tripe. It should be an opportunity to reflect perhaps it’s they who are too uptight, self righteous and sneering. However in my experience this is a rare outcome. So we must dance until they realise how silly they look to the audience and then become self aware, which is progress, or become so angry they become banned.

I hope Mr Dyche does well for Everton as he is Everton‘s manager and changing Everton managers continually has helped bring Everton to a mish mash squad of players and on the cusp of ruin. I do not wish to choose an opinion on Mr Dyche early to passively aggressively show both my prowess at football analysis and being more disconcerting than others over our beloved Everton. No, instead I shall remain pragmatic and offer vanilla opinions as in the absence of a crystal ball I can’t see the future and it’s only really a game, isn’t it?
Ah yes, likewise in general, but I dare to voice a sharper opinion.

The end result is more or less the same, mind you, as evidence suggests...

Starting:
Branthwaite 21
Onana 22
Garner 22
McNeil 23
Mykolenko 24
Beto 25

Bench:
Dobbin 20
Chermiti 19
Patterson 21

Thing is Dyche just stuck with what worked at Burnley until it suddenly didn't. Don't really think you can blame him for that. Every manager adapts to what they have in front of them and if it is working they do stick with it.

Whether he can adapt to what he has in front of him here now is the big question of course and remains to be seen.. but I'm sure we all hope he can and will praise him if we start get results.