2023/24 Sean Dyche

Surely some fresh legs on would've helped with those counters?

Danjuma has his flaws but he can run with it and get up the pitch quickly.

Hopefully Harrison was just gassed second half as that was a woeful attempt for their goal. Showed Mitoma onto his right and then didn't bother to close him down once he went back on his left. Perhaps fresh legs that side might've stopped the cross at source before it even got near Young?

This must be the first time in over two years DCL has completed three games in a week playing 80 + minutes. He was feeding on scraps second half and you could see him looking over the bench with 20 minutes left, he was pretty much done at that point.

Dyche is doing pretty well in crucial areas but trusting the 11 that starts to pretty much see the job out most times is certainly an achilles heel of his managerial style.
Mitoma tears every full back in the league a new one every weekend. Foolish to blame him for that.

Around this time last year we were humiliated twice in a week against Bournemouth, then went on an awful run after the Word Cup break. We’ve had 4 points from 6 in the league in a week and into a cup 1/4 final. Yes, bit of disappointment that we conceded a fluke equaliser today but we are a lot better off than 12 months ago. Feels like we have a chance in every game now, a lot of that is down to how Dyche has sorted the organisation and discipline that was so badly missing.

Surely some fresh legs on would've helped with those counters?

Danjuma has his flaws but he can run with it and get up the pitch quickly.

Hopefully Harrison was just gassed second half as that was a woeful attempt for their goal. Showed Mitoma onto his right and then didn't bother to close him down once he went back on his left. Perhaps fresh legs that side might've stopped the cross at source before it even got near Young?

This must be the first time in over two years DCL has completed three games in a week playing 80 + minutes. He was feeding on scraps second half and you could see him looking over the bench with 20 minutes left, he was pretty much done at that point.

Dyche is doing pretty well in crucial areas but trusting the 11 that starts to pretty much see the job out most times is certainly an achilles heel of his managerial style.
It's not as clear cut as saying substitutions automatically change things. Before the deflection the 11 out there were doing their jobs and Brighton were getting no clear cut chances. Changing things carries it's own risk.

Maybe Danjuma improves our counter attacking, or maybe his lack of defensive work rate gives them a vital opportunity.

Maybe Beto provides fresh legs or maybe with his inferior control he fails to collect one of the long balls DCL did and Brighton go up the field and score.

It's all hypothetical but all the shouts of "early subs and we win" are all guesswork. Change too much and we could've lost that.

Around this time last year we were humiliated twice in a week against Bournemouth, then went on an awful run after the Word Cup break. We’ve had 4 points from 6 in the league in a week and into a cup 1/4 final. Yes, bit of disappointment that we conceded a fluke equaliser today but we are a lot better off than 12 months ago. Feels like we have a chance in every game now, a lot of that is down to how Dyche has sorted the organisation and discipline that was so badly missing.

So that automatically means you're happy with not making changes earlier and players being so knackered and you think Dyche should be in charge for the next century?! Ridiculous!!!

It's almost like we can be frustrated with his lack of flexibility and proactive while still appreciating he's slowly getting us in a better position.

Would love to ask why Beto and Patterson on 90 minutes but not before.

Why does their goal change so much to cause that sub?

I get if a game is tight, don't go making changes for changes sake and you maybe don't want to change the balance but 99/100 blues tell you players were blowing as they were against West Ham.

1. I didn't say we have to sack him today. But that doesn't mean I'm still not looking forward to the day when it inevitably happens, because it obviously will.

2. Of course every manager makes mistakes. But I don't understand the attitude that it's allowable to make the same exact mistakes over and over. Where's the accountability?

It's what I've said before about managers - there's a difference between a crap manager who at least tries different things to find solutions to be better and a crap manager who just goes through the motions of making the same mistakes routinely. The former I give a little more leeway to than the latter.

I would like to see a list of the supposed positive changes he's made as well - at least ones that he didn't stumble into on accident like the Onana - Garner midfield pairing, which only happened because of Gana's being unavailable for a bit. Or not playing Keane anymore, because anyone on earth can see Branthwaite is miles superior. Or Dom finally getting healthy and fit, which I'll grant he might have had a bit to do with just by simply refusing to rush him back.
And what about our manager that is neither? We had the former in Lampard and he would have relegated us.

And as for your last paragraph, I've never read so much rubbish in my life. You're claiming he's not improved us at all in any way? And anything that has improved is just purely coincidental??

lost by a goal to city, drew with the kopites, battered both manchester and newcastle uniteds, walloped luton and wolves. A few results in there I'm a bit envious of...
I'm not saying Brighton are absolute crap. But with all due respect, they're an upper-mid-table team who today especially were missing a couple of players with injury, and this game was at Goodison, where of all places we should be expected to not play so respectfully - if I'm being generous - against anyone but the very, very best.

I'm just tired of watching home games where we concede 80% possession to anyone other than Man City, basically. We are a bigger, better football club than that, or at least we should be. But Dyche thinks he's still at Burnley, apparently, where this sort of thing would be expected.

And what about our manager that is neither? We had the former in Lampard and he would have relegated us.

And as for your last paragraph, I've never read so much rubbish in my life. You're claiming he's not improved us at all in any way? And anything that has improved is just purely coincidental??
Show me where I said he's made no improvement at all. Because I didn't. But you said I was ignoring all the positive changes he's made (plural), and yet you haven't mentioned a single one.