2023/24 Sean Dyche

Yes, because every potential manager has the exact same weaknesses as this one, so why even try for better, right?

I mean, this far into the season and he's still making the same mistakes as in bold above over and over. But hey, a point against the mighty Brighton (!) at home is nothing to sniff at, I guess.
lost by a goal to city, drew with the kopites, battered both manchester and newcastle uniteds, walloped luton and wolves. A few results in there I'm a bit envious of...

Not sure what you want him to do.

If you try and play a high press game against Brighton, they'll cut you to pieces. Our squad make up suits the low-block counterattack unfortunately, it means we have to sit back and allow them to pass around.

Thought we were doing it well. Pretty clear under Dyche we have good shape, something Lampard never had with us. We're hard to break down and an unlucky deflection is the only reason we don't walk away with 3 points.

He does need to make more subs though, no reason Danjuma/Beto shouldn't be brought on for 20-30 minutes, Patterson could have come on earlier as well. His main flaw for me is his lack of subs, the rest he is doing fine.
We can definitely play high press and we are one of the best high press teams in the league if you look at the chances and goals from high press turnover.

Low block is simply not effective because deep turnover is much more difficult to launch a successful counter if you considered the distance and the number of defenders you need to overcome.

Some heads properly falling off here. A good point against a superior group of players. Disallowed goal aside we prevented them from creating any good chances, a deflection away from a win. The way to beat Brighton is to defend and hit them on the break and we nearly executed it again.

Surely some fresh legs on would've helped with those counters?

Danjuma has his flaws but he can run with it and get up the pitch quickly.

Hopefully Harrison was just gassed second half as that was a woeful attempt for their goal. Showed Mitoma onto his right and then didn't bother to close him down once he went back on his left. Perhaps fresh legs that side might've stopped the cross at source before it even got near Young?

This must be the first time in over two years DCL has completed three games in a week playing 80 + minutes. He was feeding on scraps second half and you could see him looking over the bench with 20 minutes left, he was pretty much done at that point.

Dyche is doing pretty well in crucial areas but trusting the 11 that starts to pretty much see the job out most times is certainly an achilles heel of his managerial style.

His likely response to you would be 4 points from two top half teams.

Of course every manager can always do something better Dyche very much included but a lot of this criticism would have more weight if we were getting beaten every week. His main job is to keep us in the division with the players we have. He’s on track to do that.
I mean that’s utter BS. Give the players some credit man. You think our players are par with Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton and Dyche has done well if we were to finish 17th?

He’s turning it around and doing well but let’s not make out he’s got to work with a relegation squad and achieving the impossible.

lack of options is worse.

Danjuma, Beto and Patterson. Two of those came on eventually. They could've all come on between 70th-80th to replace DCL, Young and Harrison.

No one is saying Keane or Godfrey should've come on.

Patterson played the full 90 in the big win down Brighton just a few months ago before anyone claims he wouldn't be good enough v Mitoma (and defending a 1-0 there's obviously less ground to cover).

I mean that’s utter BS. Give the players some credit man. You think our players are par with Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton and Dyche has done well if we were to finish 17th?

He’s turning it around and doing well but let’s not make out he’s got to work with a relegation squad and achieving the impossible.

His first 11 is midtable comfortably.

But an injury to Branthwaite/Tarkowski/Calvert-Lewin and it's bad news.

Every manager makes mistakes. Let's ignore all the positive changes he's made shall we???

Sacking him now would be one of the stupidest things we could do, so calling for it to happen is even worse.
1. I didn't say we have to sack him today. But that doesn't mean I'm still not looking forward to the day when it inevitably happens, because it obviously will.

2. Of course every manager makes mistakes. But I don't understand the attitude that it's allowable to make the same exact mistakes over and over. Where's the accountability?

It's what I've said before about managers - there's a difference between a crap manager who at least tries different things to find solutions to be better and a crap manager who just goes through the motions of making the same mistakes routinely. The former I give a little more leeway to than the latter.

I would like to see a list of the supposed positive changes he's made as well - at least ones that he didn't stumble into on accident like the Onana - Garner midfield pairing, which only happened because of Gana's being unavailable for a bit. Or not playing Keane anymore, because anyone on earth can see Branthwaite is miles superior. Or Dom finally getting healthy and fit, which I'll grant he might have had a bit to do with just by simply refusing to rush him back.