2023/24 Sean Dyche

I honestly don't know what Everton fans expect sometimes 🙄, Liverpool haven't lost at home in the league since Oct 22 against Leeds. And lost one of the last 20 matches in all competitions.

We played well considering the circumstances. And the consistency of performance away from home has been the best since Carlo.

Yes are home form has been slack. I do feel home Everton fans only make noise at Goodison these days when we are in major trouble. Against Arsenal we barely made a chant 😮‍💨.

I honestly don't know what Everton fans expect sometimes 🙄, Liverpool haven't lost at home in the league since Oct 22 against Leeds. And lost one of the last 20 matches in all competitions.

We played well considering the circumstances. And the consistency of performance away from home has been the best since Carlo.

Yes are home form has been slack. I do feel home Everton fans only make noise at Goodison these days when we are in major trouble. Against Arsenal we barely made a chant 😮‍💨.

We’ve won 1 away game. We’ve literally picked up 1 more point away from home than we have at home. I’m sick of this narrative that we’re amazing away and our home form is dragging us down.

Our Xg will steadily decrease as we play the better teams. I wonder what stat Dyche will come up with next after our Xg drops?
Why would it stay the same or increase playing the best teams away? Could you provide statistical evidence of teams not dropping there Xg consistently against the top 6.

I'm happy to crunch the numbers for anyone I have a Mathematics Degree and did my dissertation on football prediction and Xg

The team he sent out was ok, after all we'd just spanked Bournemouth 3-0 and it would be difficult and probably unfair to change it.

The real issue is yet again his pathetic in-game decision making that has cost us the game alongside the officials.

When an old full back picks up a yellow card early doors, especially in a local derby when decisions basically always go against you, he has to come off, doesn't matter how long is gone in the game. Dyche I believe was probably thinking Young would be allowed another foul and then he'd sub him, but that second foul was clearly yellow worthy and the opportunity and game was lost right there and Dyche would have known it immediately.

The difficulty then was obviously we needed to bring on Patterson, but with two wide men on the field, how would we maintain any kind of shape by taking just one of them off? Doucoure was kept on because of his legs and height, understandable, so Dyche will say we couldn't shift one of them into an unnatural number 10 role and play Doucoure deeper. I disagree though.

This is where Dyche messed up big time. He thought the only option was to go full on defence mode and take both wide players off to maintain as natural a formation (5-3-1) as possible instead of switching out McNeil/Harrison for Patterson and going 4-3-1-1 (Doucoure-Garner-Onana-McN/Harrison-DCL) which to me would have been better.

Whenever 'Michael Keane' is the answer then you know there is a big problem. He's already down the pecking order now and hopefully, by some miracle, and even though he's rubbish as well, Godfrey is above him now.

Without the penalty they'd have scored anyway, but the penalty was obviously the, no pun, handout they needed.
Booting clear the ball should have been a second yellow. The ref Young get away with that and sent him off on the 3rd legitimate
yellow. It was a shocking performance that you might expect from a teenager.

Otherwise I completely agree.

We’ve won 1 away game. We’ve literally picked up 1 more point away from home than we have at home. I’m sick of this narrative that we’re amazing away and our home form is dragging us down.
I said performance if you read what I wrote. Also if you go back to 1st March Everton have played 25 matches. 10 at Home 15 away scoring 9 and 22 respectively so home goals PG is 0.9 and away goals PG is 1.46667. And conceded is 15 and 17 respectively so home goals conceded Pg is 1.5 and away goals conceded Pg is 1.1333.

So yes Everton are no question better away from home Mike.

I said performance if you read what I wrote. Also if you go back to 1st March Everton have played 25 matches. 10 at Home 15 away scoring 9 and 22 respectively so home goals PG is 0.9 and away goals PG is 1.46667. And conceded is 15 and 17 respectively so home goals conceded Pg is 1.5 and away goals conceded Pg is 1.1333.

So yes Everton are no question better away from home Mike.

Why do we have to go back to the 1st March? Why can’t we pick a real checkpoint, like the start of this season or to when Dyche took over? It seems like the 1st March is an arbitrary date cherry picked because it makes the figures look better to suit your argument.

Why do we have to go back to the 1st March? Why can’t we pick a real checkpoint, like the start of this season or to when Dyche took over? It seems like the 1st March is an arbitrary date cherry picked because it makes the figures look better to suit your argument.
Any start date can be seen as Arbitrary and could of easily of started from April which would have given stronger results towards away form. And if if I started from the start of this season are away stats are better. So what is your point. Is the start date you would prefer?