2023/24 Sean Dyche

I was supportive of him but that is fading now - makes some really odd decisions playing players out of position - and he's had his pre-season with not much to show for it.

The club hasn't exactly showered him with signings - and they've been very late so he hasn't exactly been set up for success. However, neither will the next manager as far as we can tell.

Maybe he's run out of steam and waiting for the pay-off. Can't be bothered to watch his interviews anymore so not sure if he is still up for the fight.

I'd give him a few games now but, assuming we have the money to, you'd have be considering your next option.
And there lies the problem...

I feel the same way as yesterday post match: give him until after the B'mouth game. If we dont have 5 or 6 points on the board or we're not out of the relegation places then replace him.

Of course, we all know what that'll mean then: 2/3 games with an interim manager until a new manager is hired and more points are lost.
I don’t see any way how he’s not here til Jan at least.
I can’t see the current board sacking another manager, especially in the middle of a takeover.
Do they even feel they have the power too while in transition.

It is currently statistically impossible for a caretaker manager or a new manager to win fewer games than Dyche has this season !

Yes.

I have to admit though that I want this manager to turn this round. I think if we get a bit of confidence he can get us competitive in each fixture. Changing manager again makes me very uneasy. But if we're not out of this slump by the B'mouth game he must be sacked.

I don’t see any way how he’s not here til Jan at least.
I can’t see the current board sacking another manager, especially in the middle of a takeover.
Do they even feel they have the power too while in transition.

There was turmoil when Lampard was sacked.

No new owner waiting in the wings are going to object to a manager who's failing being sacked.

Yes.

I have to admit though that I want this manager to turn this round. I think if we get a bit of confidence he can get us competitive in each fixture. Changing manager again makes me very uneasy. But if we're not out of this slump by the B'mouth game he must be sacked.
I want a change as soon as possible, but not really until new owners are in place. Not sure if we can wait that long given the current form.

Yes.

They may wait until after the FFP hearing as there may be no point getting rid. That means giving him the derby.

I want a change as soon as possible, but not really until new owners are in place. Not sure if we can wait that long given the current form.
We cant.

We all know the score now: if by the next international break our season isn't back on track he'll be sacked.

Is it asking too much that the clown's in charge are sounding out his replacement if we need one so they're in place straight away?

This was the problem - it was the perception of it, and I mentioned in the match thread it can't do good for player esteem/confidence, especially at this stage of the season.

Equally though, I understood it.

He had players keeping shape - Arsenal want you to close them down to drag you out of position.

Pickford wasn't troubled - if we had any pace, a Gnonto type, or a midfielder who can thread a ball forward - we might have been able to smash and grab it.

The big problem yesterday was our inability to put a foot on the ball and try and conjure up any counter attack.

The performance was too passive, and we never had the midfield with the pace or ability to play forward. It led to route one.
I genuinely think the players don’t like him because of his tactics, no professional football team at any level or in any league should play like we did yesterday, that was vile to watch!

Playing Gana as basically a no 10,(or the highest midfieldIer forward) don’t think he touch the ball or made a tackle in the first 25 mins.

I’m not buying the how good Arsenal are narrative, Sheff Utd pushed the best team in the world City a couple of weeks ago by having a go, didn’t Forest get a 2-2 draw at the emiratesthe same week!

He needs to go now

Anyone has to be better than this melt. We are actually getting worse under him. Personally I'd love to see Neil Lennon come in and sort them out.

giphy.gif

Thought Mosh might not want to weigh him out before the sale, but thinking about it, the new buys might insist so they aren’t immediately having to drop millions on sacking him.
Still think he prob got up to the 7th game to save himself.

We cant.

We all know the score now: if by the next international break our season isn't back on track he'll be sacked.

Is it asking too much that the clown's in charge are sounding out his replacement if we need one so they're in place straight away?
Really not sure anybody is in charge right now.