2023/24 Sean Dyche

i didnt think we done well enough on the turnover of transition

...and he did also admit that in his post-match presser as well. Said he was pleased with the defensive side but he was scratching his head at just how bad we were at trying to move the ball up the pitch.

He does understand it - but if it keeps happening then he isn't actually addressing it..
Maybe if he coached some patterns of play and didn't play Gueye and Doucoure as advanced midfielders, then maybe we could play some football. There is being direct and showing intent, and then there is hoofing the ball away aimlessly. It was very much the latter yesterday. No one had any composure to try and recycle possession and work it forward, they just wanted rid of the ball.

We’re basically locked into the Dyche Cycle: he’ll dig you out of a relegation battle but he’s not advanced enough to prevent you getting into another one. But when the time comes to think about sacking him to dig yourself out of the relegation battle there’s no point because the best man to replace him with is Sean Dyche.

Let's be honest, if it wasn't for a magnificent double save from Pickford, we'd be sitting on 0 points and for the opposition faced, that's criminal

He's a very lucky man that we are now in the process of a 3 month takeover which is the thing that will keep him in a job.
Similarly, if it wasn't for a great save from Pope and a few other world-class saves from Pickford at the end of last season we'd probably be in the championship now.

Let's be honest, if it wasn't for a magnificent double save from Pickford, we'd be sitting on 0 points and for the opposition faced, that's criminal

He's a very lucky man that we are now in the process of a 3 month takeover which is the thing that will keep him in a job.
They really cant afford to just ignore the football side of things as the way it is going the value of the club will drop like a stone

We do have a reasonable squad, you put Onana, Danjuma DCL pickford Branthwaite in that Arsenal team they would thrive.

It's Tactics from the clown in charge
Dyche is part of the problem too I’m not saying otherwise but seriously how people can keep saying it’s not the players when they’ve failed under loads of managers is just silly.

Preseason...international break two chances there.

In hindsight should have given him a deal to keep us up.then got a new chap in summer.
😲
I think either way, he should be given every support for the time he is here.
We were short for cash enough that the maximum we paid was ~3m as loan fee (Stones paid for that 😉).
In hindsight, even if we were hard done for any deals and had to negotiate until late on... that rumoured Thelwell interview earlier in the window could have gone to some ways in keeping us steady eddy and buying goodwill.
It is just that there were enough positives to keep him in especially if the opposition is Arsenal, just that it would've been better if we turned up from the first game this season.
Anyone of us who saw the fixture list when it came out and knew anything about our circumstances were certain we needed a strong start considering our Oct and Dec games.
So, I understand that we had constraints and all that and so we could get them in early.
It just means that the financial risk when weighed against the points to be won was too high for them and that is nonsense.
I like Beto's and Chermiti's signing, but for our state we should've fallen at Dzeko's feet and asked him to come in for just a year early in the window. I mean we are pragmatic enough to get in Young.

I genuinely think the players don’t like him because of his tactics, no professional football team at any level or in any league should play like we did yesterday, that was vile to watch!

Playing Gana as basically a no 10,(or the highest midfieldIer forward) don’t think he touch the ball or made a tackle in the first 25 mins.

I’m not buying the how good Arsenal are narrative, Sheff Utd pushed the best team in the world City a couple of weeks ago by having a go, didn’t Forest get a 2-2 draw at the emiratesthe same week!

He needs to go now

This. It’s a shocking way to play and no doubt the players don’t like it. Teams from divisions below us, or inferior European leagues, would cause more problems to Arsenal than we did. It all comes down to how he wants to set us up and play. It’s like you say “vile”

Dyche is part of the problem too I’m not saying otherwise but seriously how people can keep saying it’s not the players when they’ve failed under loads of managers is just silly.
People keep saying these players have failed under several managers but apart from Doucoure and Pickford the team on Saturday are not the same players that have failed in the past

I do wonder if it can be a problem - easier to get buy in from players at Burnley playing that style than perhaps our lot.

First spell here he never crossed the half way line, never mind shoot.

His job was to interrupt play and pass it in the direction he was facing to the first player he could see.

Does my head in that we've had a few managers play him further forward - god knows what that's all about.

Terrible.

Thing is, I say he needs to drop Gana and Doucoure, because that 3 in midfield doesnt work as they all offer nothing on the ball - no composure/no ability to play a pass forward but who comes in? Garner can't solve everything.

I do think he's gone too pragmatic/percentage football, and too early.

As I say, understand the defending positions/try a counter to smash a grab but it come across as too submissive and white flag yesterday.
Dyche has always been percentage football mate, all the players feed off scraps.

We don’t have patterns of play
A certain style
A method of build up play
Nothing!

I mean even yesterday I watched Pickford hoof it a hundred times towards Beto and not once did I see a midfielder run beyond him if he did manage to win the flick on.

2 weeks we had to prepare for that game and that’s what he comes up with??
Sitting in the ground yesterday and was saying to my mates are Arsenal doing anything that anyone in this crowd can’t do, simple 5-10 yard passes with movement off the ball, dead simple!

Another thing yesterday and in general is the half hearted press, the whole team is in know man’s land with how we are playing.

Dyche has always been percentage football mate, all the players feed off scraps.

We don’t have patterns of play
A certain style
A method of build up play
Nothing!

I mean even yesterday I watched Pickford hoof it a hundred times towards Beto and not once did I see a midfielder run beyond him if he did manage to win the flick on.

2 weeks we had to prepare for that game and that’s what he comes up with??
Sitting in the ground yesterday and was saying to my mates are Arsenal doing anything that anyone in this crowd can’t do, simple 5-10 yard passes with movement off the ball, dead simple!

Another thing yesterday and in general is the half hearted press, the whole team is in know man’s land with how we are playing.
It’s 11 lads who have been told to defend the box.

That his tactics; everything else is up to them