2023/24 Sean Dyche

We have gone multiple games in recent seasons with zero shots on target.

He started to annoy me last year with his repeated little sayings, and we should have been safe earlier. So if there was any credible alternative (don’t say Potterball with these chumps) I’d bin him off tomorrow.

But he can justifiably say he has got a worse group of players set up and creating far far more chances, some of them absolute nailed on sitters, than recent seasons. He is pushing that line to keep himself out of the gallows, and that will wear thin quickly, but it is a fact. We have very small periods of dominance in and around the opponents box and Goodison has been optimistic for periods in games.

Can’t blame Doucoure, but if he’d have squared to Garner against Fulham, and held his run by 0.067 seconds today, the media would be talking about a European challenge. Tiny margins, if and buts. But he will pay the price eventually.
Absolutely this.

I can't say I'm a fan of Dyche or some of the decisions he makes, but the fact is that we've played three games so far and two of which we ought to have won comfortably. That in itself is an improvement on the stretches of defeats where we've not even mustered a shot on goal. Like you said, it's been fine margins that have led us to bottom of the table, as for 66.6% of games so far we've really not been that bad.

Sooner or later, things will flip and our luck will finally change. At least that's what I'm clinging to.

Dobbin's a young lad starting I think his first ever prem match (can't remember if he started a game when there was that covid crisis near end of FSW reign of terror) and he was tiring. Can't just play prem matches on adrenalin for 90 + minutes.
I get that, but I'd rather have a tired kid who's giving his all than watch gana and onana amble about, passing backwards as they are terrified with the ball at the feet. Hopefully we get some players in mate in the next week and we can forgetbthis match

I would like to point out that we had 1
Point after 3 games and 4 points after 6 games under Lampard who had the same striking problems last season. Based on what I have seen so far I think we will have more in the tank over the course of a season with a fully fit squad.
Lampard failed and got sacked
So what exactly is your point ?
Other than the gravel voiced RS supporter is no better than a previously failed manager ?

I get that, but I'd rather have a tired kid who's giving his all than watch gana and onana amble about, passing backwards as they are terrified with the ball at the feet. Hopefully we get some players in mate in the next week and we can forgetbthis match

Gana was subbed aswell though.

Have to say Onana is massively overrated on this forum. He's got potential but talk of him being worth 70-80m is laughable even with today's prices.

Look at what Ward Prowse went for, that's a proven box to box midfielder and Onana isn't close to that level currently given another vital home match passed him by today from what I saw.

Missing a lot of players that would improve us massively, but football is a results game and hes thrown away 6 points to teams we really should be putting away at Goodison.

Not saying we should sack him, but, its not great so far.
Definetely should be on 6 points now regardless of a striker. Other players are allowed to score goals too would you believe. Mad innit. Truth is, it should have been thanks and goodbye last June along with the entire board, not just the cheerleaders. That was the only way forward.

Lampard failed and got sacked
So what exactly is your point ?
Other than the gravel voiced RS supporter is no better than a previously failed manager ?
Did you actually read my post. I think we will get out of this malaise sooner than people think. We’ve had 10 managers in 7 years and I personally don’t think this is the time for sacking the manager after 3 games and the window isn’t over yet. It’s a forum and we are all allowed our opinion positive and negative.

Did you actually read my post. I think we will get out of this malaise sooner than people think. We’ve had 10 managers in 7 years and I personally don’t think this is the time for sacking the manager after 3 games and the window isn’t over yet. It’s a forum and we are all allowed our opinion positive and negative.
And I do think he’s better than Lampard contary to belief of some here.

I'm behind him. Don't see what sacking him achieves in the grand scheme of things. It's far from ideal. In fact, it's really, really grim. But I think he is our best bet to unite the squad and grind out results *IF* he has a striker at the tip of this set up.

The only way I can see him surviving is if McNeil and Harrison come in and save his job. I’ll be honest I am not expecting much out of Beto but I hope he is Beto Ban Bistelrooy for us because we will need it

By the way, the Potter shouts. If we had investment and a 5 year plan I'd be well behind it. But we don't. We need goals. He would come in and want to play a certain way - a way that our players wouldn't be able to adapt to whatsoever. Not without SEVERE teething problems. He'd cause more of a mess than we're already in, IMO.

Absolutely this.

I can't say I'm a fan of Dyche or some of the decisions he makes, but the fact is that we've played three games so far and two of which we ought to have won comfortably. That in itself is an improvement on the stretches of defeats where we've not even mustered a shot on goal. Like you said, it's been fine margins that have led us to bottom of the table, as for 66.6% of games so far we've really not been that bad.

Sooner or later, things will flip and our luck will finally change. At least that's what I'm clinging to.
Suppose we have to cling onto something lol

Absolutely this.

Sooner or later the mentality will completely collapse and we will start having 0 shots on target every game again whilst shipping loads.

Happens to every manager.

Absolutely this.

I’ve been waiting for our luck to change for 33 years.

I’ll let you know when it happens.

By the way, the Potter shouts. If we had investment and a 5 year plan I'd be well behind it. But we don't. We need goals. He would come in and want to play a certain way - a way that our players wouldn't be able to adapt to whatsoever. Not without SEVERE teething problems. He'd cause more of a mess than we're already in, IMO.
Heard shouts like Potter and Lopetegui today. Absolutely no chance in our current state