2023/24 Sean Dyche

He does need options though. He's got a terrible hand in that regard.

Feels like we're circling the drain, this time.
I agree he hasn’t got loads to work with, but we already saw Chermiti was capable and came on too late. I’d also question the tactics though; not enough intensity, not enough balls in from the wings, playing through the middle too much, Doucoure as a number 10. It just isn’t working.

We have gone multiple games in recent seasons with zero shots on target.

He started to annoy me last year with his repeated little sayings, and we should have been safe earlier. So if there was any credible alternative (don’t say Potterball with these chumps) I’d bin him off tomorrow.

But he can justifiably say he has got a worse group of players set up and creating far far more chances, some of them absolute nailed on sitters, than recent seasons. He is pushing that line to keep himself out of the gallows, and that will wear thin quickly, but it is a fact. We have very small periods of dominance in and around the opponents box and Goodison has been optimistic for periods in games.

Can’t blame Doucoure, but if he’d have squared to Garner against Fulham, and held his run by 0.067 seconds today, the media would be talking about a European challenge. Tiny margins, if and buts. But he will pay the price eventually.

What is the best way for a team with poor finishing to score? Corners. We have Tarks, Jrad and some big boys. While I like the chances we create I feel like teams can just bank on our lack of finishing. If that is the case, we need to bank on other teams to make mistakes and crosses and corners are often the solution to that. We should still keep with our through balls and the like but we need to have teams pinned in their box and bank on an error. That is where we are at. For that to work you need balanced wing and fullback play which is the problem.

Chermiti come on for dobbin, double sub was when we went a goal down

Dobbin's a young lad starting I think his first ever prem match (can't remember if he started a game when there was that covid crisis near end of FSW reign of terror) and he was tiring. Can't just play prem matches on adrenalin for 90 + minutes.

I would like to point out that we had 1
Point after 3 games and 4 points after 6 games under Lampard who had the same striking problems last season. Based on what I have seen so far I think we will have more in the tank over the course of a season with a fully fit squad.

We have gone multiple games in recent seasons with zero shots on target.

He started to annoy me last year with his repeated little sayings, and we should have been safe earlier. So if there was any credible alternative (don’t say Potterball with these chumps) I’d bin him off tomorrow.

But he can justifiably say he has got a worse group of players set up and creating far far more chances, some of them absolute nailed on sitters, than recent seasons. He is pushing that line to keep himself out of the gallows, and that will wear thin quickly, but it is a fact. We have very small periods of dominance in and around the opponents box and Goodison has been optimistic for periods in games.

Can’t blame Doucoure, but if he’d have squared to Garner against Fulham, and held his run by 0.067 seconds today, the media would be talking about a European challenge. Tiny margins, if and buts. But he will pay the price eventually.
The problem is we’ve been through this song and dance before. It’s the Everton way to bottle it

What is the best way for a team with poor finishing to score? Corners. We have Tarks, Jrad and some big boys. While I like the chances we create I feel like teams can just bank on our lack of finishing. If that is the case, we need to bank on other teams to make mistakes and crosses and corners are often the solution to that. We should still keep with our through balls and the like but we need to have teams pinned in their box and bank on an error. That is where we are at. For that to work you need balanced wing and fullback play which is the problem.

Set piece delivery was terrible today. Young just constantly chipping corners into the six yard box for Sa to collect.

Surely by the 4th one you mix up with short corners or get someone like Garner to take them instead.

Only looked dangerous on set pieces with Mina getting on end of them, don't think Tarks scored more than one a season at Burnley.

Upto Thelwell to buy players who have composure in front of goal
Of course it is. He’s not doing his job like the rest of the management team in that regard. My point though is that Dyche’s role is much more than just picking an 11. People seem to be giving him a free pass because it’s the 11 they’d have picked, or the subs they’d have made. What about what actually happens on the pitch? He’s lost two very winnable home games against mediocre opposition in similar fashions.

This is the stats from last year when everyone said lampard needed to go. It wasn’t acceptable last year and it’s not acceptable this year
IMG_2717.jpeg