2023/24 Sean Dyche

It’s just all a much of muchness isn’t it?

He’s doing crap and we’re doing crap. But we’ve been crap for years now, and I’m not sure how much blame we keep laying at the crap managers feet before we admit we’re just a bit crap.

We have needed for a long time a manager with a track record of coaching teams that keep the ball. And to stick with them when things get difficult. That is the only way to progress.

Postecoglou would have been ideal.

….I don’t know about possession stats and all that stuff. You just buy good footballers and organise them so they carry threat with the ball and defend well without it. I prefer to play with tempo but the key is putting players together who blend and combine. Partnerships.

its not as complicated a game as some think.

I don’t think we have the players to play good keep ball mate.

Having a team with low technical abilities to play keep ball will most like reduce ourselves to side way slow buildup. That’s what lampard did.

I just don’t think Lampard is a good coach. We have players that have played for Man Utd, Arsenal, PSG, the Belgian national team.. - you can’t tell me they can’t pass the ball yet the Brighton players that Potter took over could.

I was happy when he was appointed . Thought we'd go back to basics a bit like when Moyes came in. Not feeling it now. Don't really see what he's trying to do.
He is trying to do what a lot of managers in recent years have tried and failed to do and that is win games with the squad he has been given while having to rely on an injury prone striker to play enough games to keep us up. The manager isnt the main issue It’s the squad in general especially not having any back up for dcl or options up front Maupay wasn’t,isn’t and never will be the answer. The Rondon offered more

The Dyche is Right.

How many points we gonna end on this season?

hqdefault.jpg

It’s just all a much of muchness isn’t it?

He’s doing crap and we’re doing crap. But we’ve been crap for years now, and I’m not sure how much blame we keep laying at the crap managers feet before we admit we’re just a bit crap.

Mate i think we do. And anyone who doesnt is away with the fairys.

I just don’t think Lampard is a good coach. We have players that have played for Man Utd, Arsenal, PSG, the Belgian national team.. - you can’t tell me they can’t pass the ball yet the Brighton players that Potter took over could.
Thing is, Brightons recruitment team has been boss for years, they buy players with a certain skill set to play a certain way, we’ve just bought an expensive mishmash of players who don’t necessarily complement each other or aren’t very good at the technical part of the game.

Ancelotti realised the majority of this lot couldn’t play football at the required level and resorted to Pulis tactics before long.

I didn't want Dyche and I don't like or rate Dyche, I hate his smugness and smartarsery , I hate the way he constantly speaks in sound bites and buzz phrases.

Do I think he is doing a good job? No. Do I think we should sack him? Again no, because I don't think we could attract anybody who could markedly improve our performances with this group of players.

The reason I think we should stick with Dyche is that anybody desperate enough to come in here at the moment will be no better than Dyche and the millions it will cost us to pay off the Ginger Louis Armstrong and his backing group, will just mean even less,money to invest in the squad.
Very well reasoned and articulate post

Passing the ball is one thing, asking them to break open a solid defensive shape is beyond their abilities now. We saw today, our build up is slow, wolves always had time to get into a defensive shape, we are reduce to lucky half chances because we didn’t break forward quick enough to capitalise on any unprepared defensive shape.

Absolutely this.

I can't say I'm a fan of Dyche or some of the decisions he makes, but the fact is that we've played three games so far and two of which we ought to have won comfortably. That in itself is an improvement on the stretches of defeats where we've not even mustered a shot on goal. Like you said, it's been fine margins that have led us to bottom of the table, as for 66.6% of games so far we've really not been that bad.

Sooner or later, things will flip and our luck will finally change. At least that's what I'm clinging to.
It’s not luck if we can’t score and not playing a striker

Passing the ball is one thing, asking them to break open a solid defensive shape is beyond their abilities now. We saw today, our build up is slow, wolves always had time to get into a defensive shape, we are reduce to lucky half chances because we didn’t break forward quick enough to capitalise on any unprepared defensive shape.
Exactly!!!!!!!!