2023/24 Sean Dyche

I'm not his biggest fan, but there's something I do want to say.

I actually think he's probably performing (as a manager) at the top of his game. Like, this is him at his absolute best. He'll be working harder than he's ever had to work before.

It falls short in so many departments for me that I'm not going to mention his limitations, but he is 100% grafting as a manager and doing his best.

It is tough going and unjust on the players who don't deserve the table to look how it does. My biggest worry right now is the spark just isn't there for us. We had a bad start to the season but we could at least point to performances. Doesn't feel like our next win is coming any time soon.

It is tough.

Look at it this way...in order to survive we need almost the equivalent of 50 points. That's a top 10 finish.

Let's be honest, whoever the manager is, this team will struggle against anyone who packs it in given our lack of creativity. That said, put someone like Onana in the team and we start seeing us progress the ball better.

Just hope he's learned a lesson today, by all means play Godfrey and Young when we are looking to defend, but when the onus is on us to break a team down, we have to play those with better quality on the ball and/or more pace to stretch teams.

I'm very disappointed with tonight, but I think we've finally addressed the losing at home. While we're not racking up the wins we need, we are making sure we do not lose which is a step, albeit a small one, in the right direction.

I'm not his biggest fan, but there's something I do want to say.

I actually think he's probably performing (as a manager) at the top of his game. Like, this is him at his absolute best. He'll be working harder than he's ever had to work before.

It falls short in so many departments for me that I'm not going to mention his limitations, but he is 100% grafting as a manager and doing his best.
This is probably the fairest and most concise analysis of him.

Still say, every morning he wakes up, looks in the mirror and says "Everton!!!" with a wry smirk on his face, pinches himself and then heads to Finch Farm.

Dyche apparently hasn't come back and won a game after going down in forty-seven games
That is a problem but it’s tempered slightly by us rarely drawing/losing if we go ahead. We’ve only had one lead in a League game since we beat Burnley and that was in the City game so we need to get back to scoring the first goal to give ourselves a better chance.