2023/24 Sean Dyche

I explained to you why its horse manure, we restricted Villa to less direct chances then we had and they are second in the league - if we drew with City at home it would be a brilliant result and Villa are on joint points with them - ergo horse manure.
It’s not difficult to restrict team to chances when you park the bus, we had 10 men at anfield and we held out quite comfortably at times. But in the last 30mins we weren’t interested in winning the game, it was all hopeful long punts and we may get lucky from a mistake or nick a set piece.

We score that goal and win 1-0 i'd be saying the same thing. Would be a great result but doesnt change the performance. Awful

I enjoyed the performance and the game it was a proper old school game and no quarter given - we can feel unlucky not to win it, we fought tooth and nail and didnt yield a thing, have people banged their heads and forgot the same group of players melted in every game for the past three years but were boss at possession stats.

I think your totally, wide of the mark here performance wise, before you do anything with quality, you win the battle, that was a 90 min arm wrestle and we didnt flinch and had the better chances - against second in the league.

We so desperately need to work on our patterns of play. Dyche has got them fit, organised and determined, but without the ability to play any kind of football, we will be sucked into the relegation battle.

We can only score from set-pieces, pressing high or winning a second ball. In other words, something that relies as much on chance as anything. It is simply no way to succeed. He's got the basics on place now, so has to work on this or it will be to our detriment.

Mate we are. Not one team in this league plays worse football than us and struggles with the basics as much as we do.

Could do with introducing a ball in training. Plus, as we cant pass a ball, we have to do more running, which in turn makes us knackered by 75 mins.

For these reasons he has to go as soon as we are safe.

It’s not difficult to restrict team to chances when you park the bus, we had 10 men at anfield and we held out quite comfortably at times. But in the last 30mins we weren’t interested in winning the game, it was all hopeful long punts and we may get lucky from a mistake or nick a set piece.

Did you watch that game and think we parked the bus - really? We didnt.

We had the ball in the net in the final stages and McNeill also broke a line and created a chance - what you are interrupting isnt true.

Fair play to Villa they were up for a battle. Although there were a number of stoppages it wasn't because players were throwing themselves to the ground. Hard fought draw and Coote did alright for a change.

Did you watch that game and think we parked the bus - really? We didnt.

We had the ball in the net in the final stages and McNeill also broke a line and created a chance - what you are interrupting isnt true.
You can’t count an offside a goal as a chance 🤣🤣 we had the DCL and garner shots in around the 30th minute mark I think. So for the next 75mins we didn’t have a shot on target. All I can remember is a McNeil free kick by the corner flag straight into the keepers hands and the Onana shot at the end. While Villa had shots and crosses, corners A few headers, we had the mad scramble we got away with and the young striker put one past the post. They wanted to win the game we didn’t.

I’m not getting into a long discussion going to watch the Utd game, but dyche will never change and if you think 53k fans will be happy watching us With 30% at our shinny new ground m, then you will be in for shock.

I enjoyed the performance and the game it was a proper old school game and no quarter given - we can feel unlucky not to win it, we fought tooth and nail and didnt yield a thing, have people banged their heads and forgot the same group of players melted in every game for the past three years but were boss at possession stats.

I think your totally, wide of the mark here performance wise, before you do anything with quality, you win the battle, that was a 90 min arm wrestle and we didnt flinch and had the better chances - against second in the league.

Not doubting the shift they put in or the mentality, it was a battle and they were up for it. The defenders played well and it was a good result against a very good team. Not knocking any of that.

What im saying is when we have possession, which is not much in each game, we are horrific on the ball. Imagine defending for most of the game then when you do finally get the ball to take a breather, someonw gives it back within 10/15 seconds. Its not even when trying through balls or nice idea but just didnt come off. Im talking about basic passes.

We made 143 successful passes today with a 62% success rate. Thats shocking