2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clubs stagnated after they left ?.
Rodgers effectively sent Leicester to where we were heading !
As you have noted wrt Potter , they haven't stagnated , but they have actually improved
Rodgers finished 5th twice with them and won the FA cup. Things unravelled by all accounts, but he overachieved with them.

Tbf

Moyes literally said that when you go to old Trafford you just hope “ to get out alive “ and actually used the knife to a gun fight analogy
Oh yeah. It was frustrating as hell being close to breaking through so many times and seeing the negativity holding us back. I'm not having a go - I was fed up too. And then was as angry as anyone else about him coming in with those derisory bids for Baines and Fellaini

Just that with hindsight it's clear he did a great job getting us as close as he did.

I suppose this is what happens when your director of football seemingly has no contacts in the game outside of people he met while working at Wolves.
I don't doubt big Kev's rolodex has about ten contacts in it (and 2 of them are probably Wily Boly) but it doesn't help when you sack a manager before sitting down with Brain Trust to formulate a succession plan - assuming the DOF was even involved much.

By all accounts both the Chairman and the owner were active in the sounding-out process, with both wanting complete opposites in Dyche and Bielsa. Basket case of a boardroom. I'm surprised anything gets done at this club.

I was wrong about Dyche and I take back everything that was said. He unlocked elite tier doucoure. He should get a war chest and the season 100%
People laughing at this post wanted lampard to stay. The guy that treated Doucoure like trash.
Laugh all you want you’re the real joke. I said dyche deserved to stay if he saved the club before weeks back. You can check the history

Agree on the youth shouts. Dyche will have to give the young players a fair shake. You have to prepare players to be sold for profit and have your own prospects integrated into the first team. It is unsustainable if you don’t and it’s why we are in our current situation. It’s one of the reasons we have no depth and nobody is prepared to step up. He needs to try and get a healthy system for youth guys to come into the team. That is for sure

Oh yeah. It was frustrating as hell being close to breaking through so many times and seeing the negativity holding us back. I'm not having a go - I was fed up too. And then was as angry as anyone else about him coming in with those derisory bids for Baines and Fellaini

Just that with hindsight it's clear he did a great job getting us as close as he did.
Couldn’t agree more , we were a couple of players away from being a side that could regularly compete for CL.

His mentality definitely had an impact tho, his record against the “top 4” over his career shows that when it’s a big game he is reluctant to go and win but tries to kick it or not get beat.

If there was no improvement with these players since dyche came in. We would be playing championship football nxt season.

What we have to remember tho is we haven't got a squad of players with much room in there ability too Improve.

It was more about Improving Tactics/Gameplay and Self Belief.

And a God Damn Hell of a lot of luck.....

We have a fair amount of younger players that most certainly can be improved. We also stayed up, IMO, more down to other teams somehow being worse than us than us actually being any good.

People laughing at this post wanted lampard to stay. The guy that treated Doucoure like trash.
Laugh all you want you’re the real joke. I said dyche deserved to stay if he saved the club before weeks back. You can check the history
You wanted Sam Allardyce to manage us, you've treated the dignity of this club like trash. You're a meme at this point. Dyche proved you wrong.

Dyche has been a failure and should be sacked once we get relegated. I don’t see us going through and we cant rely on Mina to fill the void. We need to stay away from English managers. Most of the fan calls were for lampard and dyche you reap what you sow my friends. These were idiotic calls and were off to the championship.

Had we went with Allardyce instead we would have been up and we wouldn’t be relying on the last game.

Whoever spray painted lampard in at the goodison gate needs to be back slapped twice. Brain was not working there.

You wanted Sam Allardyce to manage us, you've treated the dignity of this club like trash. You're a meme at this point. Dyche proved you wrong.
The Corner man is right. Now stop clogging up the Dyche thread with your absolute drivel and slink off back to RAWK please @Mathieubleucoyb. There's a good lad. You're embarrasing yourself and your family.

Are you joking? McNeil has improved, Gana has improved, Coleman was great under Dyche before the injury, Garner, and of course Doucoure. Lampard hadn't a clue how to use Doucoure, hence why he didn't play him.
The amazing thing about lampard was how he couldn't see his terrible tactics made midfield impossible. You would think that would be his area of expertise

As a Burnley fan I’m shocked that you can’t recognise that Sean is exactly what you need for now. Who knows what he is like as a manager of great players because he didnt have any with us and he doesn’t have any with you.

He will get you comfortably mid table next season and work to get your finances back in some sort of order.

What more can you realistically expect. You’ve no money and poor players. He may surprise you and in the worst case of you being in a scrap at the bottom he has proved he has what it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.