2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think he's impressive, comes across a leader with ambition and presence.

A long way to go but I feel much more assured with him at the helm, and I was in complete head off panic with frank being there.

Those who want him gone are usually the same ones cheering on the prem in screwing us to the wall over ffp, so I'm not that worried about such insincere voices.

I worry with all the uncertainty at Board level in regards to a takeover, financial fair play, and complete incompetence etc. if he knows how much money he has to spend, and which players he can afford to offer new contracts to. It could be we are deep into august and we are still waiting for our first signing despite players leaving.

We'll be steady under Dyche. 14th/15th position is not relgation football.
It's nothing to shout about either.

I'm a little bit surprised that you of all people are satisfied with just existing in the premier league, Dave. Perpetually finished 15th is surrendering the city just as much as moving to Kirkby was.

Yep.

"Who, of all the managers with no other options, is your ideal candidate?"
They have done this to you. This is Kenwright's legacy. He's taken over a club that in the decade and a half prior to his custodianship had won two league titles, two FA cups and a Cup Winners Cup, whilst also playing in four other FA cup finals, a League cup final and finishing runner up in the league. Since then one cup final, one fourth place finish and our fans are now genuinely excited about the prospect of finishing 15th next season.

The man is a cancer wrapped in a fungus.

It's nothing to shout about either.

I'm a little bit surprised that you of all people are satisfied with just existing in the premier league, Dave. Perpetually finished 15th is surrendering the city just as much as moving to Kirkby was.

Until we can get back to a position where we can at least compete with the majority of the other clubs in the league on a level playing field financially it’s realistic though. We’ve been completely hamstrung because of such horrendous previous feck ups, which has meant we struggle to compete financially with any other club in the league

Until we can get back to a position where we can at least compete with the majority of the other clubs in the league on a level playing field financially it’s realistic though. We’ve been completely hamstring because of such horrendous previous feck ups which has meant we struggle to compete financially with any other club in the league
It all depends on what we can do in the summer and what the outcome of the FFP stuff is. If we can sign a striker, two fullbacks and a creative midfielder (not superstars, just competent, reliable non-injury prone players) and we don't face a points deduction then I think we should aim higher. If we can't and/or we get a points deduction then we just have to cross everything because gravity always wins in the end.

Despite what some may think, I have nothing against Dyche, he did a decent job keeping us up. I didn't think he would but he did and he has my gratitude and I don't begrudge him a chance at the job. However, even his biggest cheerleaders on this forum are predicting he will get us somewhere like 15th which is why I can't get excited by him or, by extension, his Everton side. I hope he proves me wrong and we play swashbuckling football to a top half finish but I suspect we will eek out points to a 13th -18th placed finish. Hopefully not 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.