2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dyche/Everton finishes in 15th next season do you want to keep him for the following year?
There'd have to be a pretty deep cup run in there. Given the clubs finances though we apparently only just had enough to sack lampard so it would take some pretty bad performances for the club to get trigger happy

Reactions: JLW
Not much difference there like.
Both had the same tools to work with.

Considering one is the worst manager in our history the other is our future.
lampard beat west ham southampton and palace. Had quite a run vs some pretty bad sides and struggled and was stubborn. That Bournemouth double header was appalling. Dyche beat Arsenal, Brighton, leeds, brentford and Bournemouth. 7 losses in 18 including away at snake mountain, home vs the repeat champions, away at manutd, Arsenal away, then fulham, villa and newcastle at Goodison. The top four there. We aint talking the capitulations vs Southampton, Wolves and Bournemouth. Lampard - no gear and no idea.

I don't think we should get rid but at the same time i wont be watching many matches if our style of play is similar to this season or his Bunrley side.

Don't have much faith in him attracting entertaining players either.

I don't think any manager we could have currently would be able to attract many entertaining players given that we're highly likely to have a minimal budget.

Of course.

We nearly just witnessed our own extinction.

Next season it's back to the Moyes era 'secure 40 points ASAP' priority.

Anything over that is a massive bonus.

We have a stadium to pay for and new investors to attract.
Phenomenal!

And i feel the same outcome will happen again.

Keeps us up so warrants another season, i don't buy that at all.
Everyone thinks he's a safe bet to get us to BMD as PL outfit, is that really our ambition?

BTW Lampard has proven to be a shambolic manager, im just saying Dyche hasnt done much more than what Lampard has.

Anyway he will be here for next season 100% so i hope i am completely wrong about him, would love to be vaulted to death this time next season.
Wow. That’s some take mate, Lampard literally had zero gameplay in any game and had zero idea on how to get the team creating chances. Dyche lost only 3 games away (this lot have been diabolical for 2 years away from home) to Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd. The squad is massively unbalanced and he got a tune out of them to get safe, we had 15 points from 20 games!

Last edited:
Of course.

We nearly just witnessed our own extinction.

Next season it's back to the Moyes era 'secure 40 points ASAP' priority.

Anything over that is a massive bonus.

We have a stadium to pay for and new investors to attract.
Keeping Dyche thats exactly what i expect.
In or around the relegation places.

We might not be so lucky next season.

And i feel the same outcome will happen again.

Keeps us up so warrants another season, i don't buy that at all.
Everyone thinks he's a safe bet to get us to BMD as PL outfit, is that really our ambition?

BTW Lampard has proven to be a shambolic manager, im just saying Dyche hasnt done much more than what Lampard has.

Anyway he will be here for next season 100% so i hope i am completely wrong about him, would love to be vaulted to death this time next season.
A few points:

1. God, on his/her best day, couldn't get much of a tune out of this mixture of donkeys and mismatching jigsaw pieces.

2. Dyche seems to have got some level of function out of this bunch, and both has a record of making shoestring budgets work, and getting clubs to overpay for dodgy players, like Keane. We seem not to have much more than a shoestring budget in prospect for the time being.

3. No established good manager is gonna want to come to a near relegation club, shambles of a squad, and no real money for restructuring. The managerial options are therefore between some lower league manager and Dyche. I'd go with Dyche at least for half a season, with the objective of getting safely in mid table, and a review around Christmas.

Not much difference there like.
Both had the same tools to work with.

Considering one is the worst manager in our history the other is our future.

We all know Dyche had a far harder set of fixtures to play. It's also harder to come in mid season to manage a struggling team than it is to do what Lampard did where he had a full pre season and a clean slate to start with and the advantage of a transfer window.

Despite all of those obvious disadvantages Dyche still got 66% more wins. I'd say that's a significant improvement.

1685559947399.png

Wow. That’s some take mate, Lampard literally had zero gameplay in any game and had zero idea on how to get the team creating chances.
The proofs in the pudding mate, he has done nothing more than what Lampard done the previous season. (kept us up just)
Dyche 18 games ago we was 1 point from safety.
Dyche 18 games later we survived by 2 points.

He aint pulled up any trees has he.

Even leaving aside the simple reality that Sean Dyche oversaw a successful survival push, the idea that a club run by an absentee board, running the risk of sanctions, is in a position to make any kind of decision in relation to the manager is preposterous.

People need to wake up and smell the napalm. The board MUST be removed before anybody can remotely start looking to indulge in the kind of decision-making that clubs with genuine upward mobility might hesitate to countenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.