2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Burnley fan I’m shocked that you can’t recognise that Sean is exactly what you need for now. Who knows what he is like as a manager of great players because he didnt have any with us and he doesn’t have any with you.

He will get you comfortably mid table next season and work to get your finances back in some sort of order.

What more can you realistically expect. You’ve no money and poor players. He may surprise you and in the worst case of you being in a scrap at the bottom he has proved he has what it takes.
Which aging Burnley players are out of contract this summer mate?

Asking for a friend.

Definitely sticks in the craw that one. Also Chelsea in the final, but you're right, that Liverpool semi was there for winning.

Moyes could hardly help it that Distin put one a plate for Suarez.

Also does anyone remember the lineups that day? Suarez Gerrard Agger etc. vs an Everton side that contained Magaye Gueye Phil Neville Darren Gibson.

We got edged out but most of the times Moyes apparently ‘bottled it’ was actually us just being outplayed by better teams with far better players.

The ones that get me more than the FA Cup final (when Chelsea were miles better and we had half a team) and that semi final in 2012, are the semi final under Martinez (Lukaku missing a pen for a final v Palace) and the game v Fiorentina. We were good enough in 08 to go and win that uefa cup and would have had Rangers and Zenit to get past to do it. We had a poor United on the ropes in the semi and Palace in the final. Those two I see as bigger missed chances than 2012 (when let’s face it we’d have lost to Chelsea in the final anyway) and 09 when we were just outclassed.

As a Burnley fan I’m shocked that you can’t recognise that Sean is exactly what you need for now. Who knows what he is like as a manager of great players because he didnt have any with us and he doesn’t have any with you.

He will get you comfortably mid table next season and work to get your finances back in some sort of order.

What more can you realistically expect. You’ve no money and poor players. He may surprise you and in the worst case of you being in a scrap at the bottom he has proved he has what it takes.
Some of us do recognise this.

The others still think we’re as good as 1985…

Moyes could hardly help it that Distin put one a plate for Suarez.

Also does anyone remember the lineups that day? Suarez Gerrard Agger etc. vs an Everton side that contained Magaye Gueye Phil Neville Darren Gibson.

We got edged out but most of the times Moyes apparently ‘bottled it’ was actually us just being outplayed by better teams with far better players.

The ones that get me more than the FA Cup final (when Chelsea were miles better and we had half a team) and that semi final in 2012, are the semi final under Martinez (Lukaku missing a pen for a final v Palace) and the game v Fiorentina. We were good enough in 08 to go and win that uefa cup and would have had Rangers and Zenit to get past to do it. We had a poor United on the ropes in the semi and Palace in the final. Those two I see as bigger missed chances than 2012 (when let’s face it we’d have lost to Chelsea in the final anyway) and 09 when we were just outclassed.
We didn't lose because of the Distin backpass. After going one up we just sat back and invited them onto us, showing no further desire to win the match apart from just holding on for dear life. We finished above them in the league that season. It was a total bottle job.

We didn't lose because of the Distin backpass. After going one up we just sat back and invited them onto us, showing no further desire to win the match apart from just holding on for dear life. We finished above them in the league that season. It was a total bottle job.
People keep saying that but it's a total myth - Moyes never set up to win any important game, it was always damage limitation first. Us scoring an early goal was such a hindrance to ourselves - we never plan for that.

Also the amazing degree of self-headpatting because "we did our best" and "they're just better" for a 1-off cup game hahaha

NSNO tho lol

We have a fair amount of younger players that most certainly can be improved. We also stayed up, IMO, more down to other teams somehow being worse than us than us actually being any good.
Hymz you can't seriously be suggesting that the team didn't improve when Dyche came in? do you not remember those last handful of games under Lampard? 💀

Dyche has been in and around the league for years. We know what he's about, and there's no reason to expect anything more than another relegation battle with him in charge next season.

If we’re close to the bottom 3 in December/January time next season then I think he should be sacked. He gets until then for me to make a definitive decision on him.

Dyche has been in and around the league for years. We know what he's about, and there's no reason to expect anything more than another relegation battle with him in charge next season.
Off topic: Had a chat with the guy in your avatar the other day. He's still so full of himself, the knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.