2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a transfer budget would you let Dyche have it?

Bearing in mind he'd sign players to fit into his system...

...that likely wont fit the next manager.
I think it depends on the budget and prevailing circumstances vis a vis the PL enquiry.
If we have virtually no money and / the prospect of a transfer ban or points deduction then I think it would be crazy to ditch Dyche. He has shown he can work on a shoestring. Give him a fit striker and we should comfortably get to 40 points.
However, and I fail to see how this could be the case , if there was a decent budget to rebuild then I would prefer a progressive manager , someone like Potter , to be bringing in players that fit a different playing style.

I hoped that Dyche would work out, but tbh his obsession with using his previous mates doesn’t fill me with confidence. I want a total barsteward in charge who is only concerned with winning….
That worked well for Spurs with Conte Pete.
I'm just not sure that type of manager works anymore in the modern game

The key difference is the number of chances/ shots in target. People seem to forget that we regularly went 2 full games in a row without troubling the keeper. All part of Lampards ‘enjoy the ball’ “philosophy”
Lampard side this season averaged 9.90 shots per game and 3.45 SOT per game, 0.75 goals per game. Dyche side is at 12.82 SPG, 4.53 SOTPG and 1.06 goals per game.

Defensively Lampard actually gave up less goals at 1.4 pg while Dyche is at 1.71 pg while actually giving up less shots per game (14.65 vs 16) and less SOT per game (4.94 vs 5.2).

Dyche has 1.06 ppg vs 0.75 for Lampard and Lampard took 25% of all points available to him this season while Dyche has taken 35% of the points available to him

Yet Mourinho seems to get by……
Only because he can buy whatever player he wants. He also leaves destruction in his wake. We can't afford either.
We need to rebuild , establish an identity and winning culture/ mentality but our recent history tells us that we can't buy our way to success

Only because he can buy whatever player he wants. He also leaves destruction in his wake. We can't afford either.
We need to rebuild , establish an identity and winning culture/ mentality but our recent history tells us that we can't buy our way to success

I’d live with a bit of destruction after a couple of titles and cups……..our successful managers took the hard decisions, can you imagine Dyche selling an Alan Ball, right or wrong, and it was wrong btw, but that’s the mentality we need…we’ve been too soft for too long and won sod all….

Inside info but Dyche is absolutely despised by the players. Serious fractions and spilts among players.
In saying that perhaps it's time to flog the trouble makers and stick by the manager....

If we stay up I'm all for letting him continue. He has undoubtedly made mistakes, the form of Yerry Mina for example indicates he should have been months ago.

Hope that’s the case to be honest.

How many managers have this squad been through. This team don’t need to like their manager, they need to respect them. Those not part of that, need to go. Tail can’t wag the dog.

Law of the jungle.

I hoped that Dyche would work out, but tbh his obsession with using his previous mates doesn’t fill me with confidence. I want a total barsteward in charge who is only concerned with winning….
The only previous mate that shouldn't be starting is Keane, McNeil has been one of our better players and Tarkowski is the second best CB at the club.

Getting a total 'basteward' in who is "only concerned about winning" like who? We're in the worse possible position for a manager like that, cos believe it or not, they usually need 100s millions to build a squad capable of winning, even then it isn't guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.