2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams are beginning to switch play with deep diagonal balls and we’re struggling to deal with it. This is a tactical weakness of Dyche system.

We’re also making too many meaningless passes around the box and losing the ball on many occasions. Go direct and whip in crosses or long shots.
Have you watched dyche masterclass, it’s worth a watch. He answers all the points you have raised.

Have you watched dyche masterclass, it’s worth a watch. He answers all the points you have raised.
I have, you will understand what I mean if you understands how he wants to squeeze the play on one side of the pitch.

Our opposite fullback are too close to our Center back and all spurs did today was exploiting the gap with long diagonal ball to the opposite side throughout the game.

I have, you will understand what I mean if you understands how he wants to squeeze the play on one side of the pitch.

Our opposite fullback are too close to our Center back and all spurs did today was exploiting the gap with long diagonal ball to the opposite side throughout the game.
That’s what I mean, I understand 100% how he wants us to play. And by defending narrow we force the opposition out wide to cross balls in that 9 times out 10 are centre backs deal with it. Look how Lampard how us set up, so much space in the middle with pockets that attackers could exploit. I think tactically it’s spot on from dyche with the players we have

Brave of him to make a sub before the 80th minute and overall more than 2 subs in the same game.

But honestly that and the fact we have 1 striker, we need a striker and we play midfielders upfront (but it sort of works at times?) are my only criticism. He's brought spark and fight to the team and currently this is all we can ask from this bunch of losers.

Chalk and cheese, Dyche was always the right guy.... Yes easy for me to say in hindsight.... Lets hope he keeps this going.
1680558087592.png

FYI, the highlighted red is the stat that is our worst in PL history.....

That’s what I mean, I understand 100% how he wants us to play. And by defending narrow we force the opposition out wide to cross balls in that 9 times out 10 are centre backs deal with it. Look how Lampard how us set up, so much space in the middle with pockets that attackers could exploit. I think tactically it’s spot on from dyche with the players we have
You’re comparing apple with orange. It’s perfectly fine the squeeze the play on one side, but the opposite fullback must not leave gaps for teams to exploit with deep diagonal balls. Spurs did it plenty of times today and we struggled to deal with it.

Teams are beginning to exploit this more and more.

you don't understand the game much do you sir

You’re comparing apple with orange. It’s perfectly fine the squeeze the play on one side, but the opposite fullback must not leave gaps for teams to exploit with deep diagonal balls. Spurs did it plenty of times today and we struggled to deal with it.

Teams are beginning to exploit this more and more.
But if then you have the opposite fullback pushed over, then you have a gap between the fullback and centre half for a midfielder or attacker to make a run through. You can’t do both. so it’s the lesser of 2 and that’s forcing them out wide not through the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.