2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who are these hipsters you keep mentioning? Not sure why clothing trends are a talking point here lol

The ones who hate Pickford no matter how well he plays

Will always be complaining that we should have hired ‘insert whichever manager has just won a few games here’ and yet will moan about every single manager we’re linked to even if it was managers that they’ve hyped up in the past (e.g Bielsa)

They will never ever accept Sean Dyche as a good manager for Everton football club

They somehow seem to think goals from set pieces don’t count as much when Everton score them

The only Everton player they’ve rated in the past 20 years is Leighton Baines

They’ll complain about every player we’re linked to and will big up players that other teams buy to make out they’re m the only player in world football we should have gone for (how is Leon Bailey doing btw?)

They’re forever fantasising about some other mid table team and how they doing everything correctly, i remember it was there with Swansea under Laudrup, then Wolves when they came up, Leicester under Rodgers, now it’s Brighton and Brentford. There’s always some other team or some other manager who are doing it the approved ‘right’ way whereas Everton can never do it the right way for these fans.

We could go out tomorrow, hire Thomas Frank, get in Toney up front, Ramsdale in goal, Leon Bailey out wide, Jack Grealish in midfield, and they still wouldn’t be happy and would just be pointing out how there’s actually some other team that is doing everything better than Everton and some player that we should have bought in the summer (of course only saying this after they’re definitely signing for someone else)

Will always be complaining that we should have hired ‘insert whichever manager has just won a few games here’ and yet will moan about every single manager we’re linked to even if it was managers that they’ve hyped up in the past (e.g Bielsa)

They will never ever accept Sean Dyche as a good manager for Everton football club

They somehow seem to think goals from set pieces don’t count as much when Everton score them

They’ll complain about every player we’re linked to and will big up players that other teams buy to make out they’re m the only player in world football we should have gone for (how is Leon Bailey doing btw?)

They’re forever fantasising about some other mid table team and how they doing everything correctly, i remember it was there with Swansea under Laudrup, then Wolves when they came up, Leicester under Rodgers, now it’s Brighton and Brentford. There’s always some other team or some other manager who are doing it the approved ‘right’ way whereas Everton can never do it the right way for these fans.

We could go out tomorrow, hire Thomas Frank, get in Toney up front, Ramsdale in goal, Leon Bailey out wide, Jack Grealish in midfield, and they still wouldn’t be happy and would just be pointing out how there’s actually some other team that is doing everything better than Everton and some player that we should have bought in the summer (of course only saying this after they’re definitely signing for someone else)
This is legitimately about 1 person on this entire forum.

What a load of text just to summon Big Oil.

* Except the Baines comment, he'd defo not like Baines.

lol bloody hell that's 90% of the forum lol I get what you mean though I was only being pedantic

Ok, but apart from that, what did the Romans ever do for us?

Fully appreciate that.
But he has not impressed me in any of his previous roles and his preferred style has been fairly consistent throughout.
If we survive this season I am not expecting any Damascene conversion into a progressive attacking football team, just more of the same.
At the moment he’s an understandable means to an end, survival.
But going forward , Everton Football Club have to aim for more than just mere survival, surely?
That would be wildly unrealistic considering what he currently has to work with. I don't think anybody is expecting that, tbh.

I'm not just singling you out here, but there's a bit of a pattern here with football fans:

- Team is struggling badly with manager trying to play expansive football beyond the ability of the squad.
- Team sacks manager and hires more pragmatic, defensive minded manager.
- Results improve, move up the table and fans fears are calmed somewhat
- Team's fans all of a sudden think they're safe, get bored, start pining for more 'expansive football', start slating current manager for being boring etc.
- Pragmatic manager gets sacked and sexy foreign named managers are touted

I've gotten really bored of this whole philosophy, NSNO, we should be doing this, that, entertainment factor etc. etc. I think most fans now just want a team that works hard and gets results, which is what Dyche achieves with his teams.

Also, Everton fans expect too much. Every time we have a mini revival you'll always get someone mentioning European qualification, as if it's somehow expected given our crap situation. Some of our fans really do confuse me.

He's done as well as could be expected so far. 11 points from 8 games is very decent considering in it contained trips to the tinmine, Stamford Bridge and the Emirates.

The style is unimportant right now but it certainly isn't as negative as Allardyce's football.

We had a few panic merchants on here and elsewhere calling for his sacking after the draw at Forest which was ridiculous. The players seem to be responding to his methods so lets let him get on with his job. He's made a good start so far.

Dyche is doing a decent job and I'm enjoying watching Everton a lot more than under Lampard and Benitez; plenty of running, pressing high, quick and decisive passing.

He's had an immediate impact and results are improving. He's getting more out of the players and we have an effective way of playing. It would be naive to expect that a manager with Dyche's experience is a "one trick pony" - I'm sure he has longer term ambitions for the team and I'm hopeful that we'll see that start to emerge next season and the one after that in our new beautiful new stadium on the banks of the royal blue Mersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.