2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just can’t see dyche being sacked if we stay up, regardless of a new board or not or even new owner. We need some stability going into the new ground. Dyche for me is more than capable of steadying the ship. We will need to be on a tight budget for next year or 2 to get are financial state in order. He is very experienced with working on tight budgets. Also I would like to see what he could do going forward.

I guess I'm thinking more of a Moyes-like balance of prospects (ie. young) and steady-eddies - I'm not sure to what extent Dyche has worked well with youth - he seems to have done well enough with developing Tarks, McNeil, Ings, Keane (yes, i know, but we bought him), Pope etc.
If we stay up and if he keeps his job, we will know in the summer, I can see a couple of big sales and only a modest proportion of the fees being available for team strengthening. If this happens I expect to see a lot of 30 something free agents coming in for a last big payday. This cannot be allowed to happen.

Probably a challenge to move Keane and Godfrey on at this point unless we done one of our 'loan at a loss' tricks which have served us so badly.

I was gobsmacked watching Godfrey at right-back vs Newcastle - he really struggles in that position - a problem following his injury ?

If we stay up and if he keeps his job, we will know in the summer, I can see a couple of big sales and only a modest proportion of the fees being available for team strengthening. If this happens I expect to see a lot of 30 something free agents coming in for a last big payday. This cannot be allowed to happen.
Maybe they've learned from the Rondon idea ... or maybe not.

To be fair it doesn't look like that is Thelwells plan.

And one thing that is fairly obvious- Dyche has told the players to shoot. When they see a shot take it. How often would we pass up chances to try and look for that easy tap-in and squander it. The stat lines don’t look nearly as bad as they used to because we aren’t afraid to let fly. Sometimes the easiest solution is the best. It’s brought the best out of McNeil that is for sure. Sometimes just seeing a shot hit the target is a huge boost mentally.

Excellent point. Just as a fan as well, you want the opposition keeper to be worked as much as possible and it only happens if you pepper them with shots.

Coleman goal is a good example, Mcneils goals against Brentford and Fulham good examples, Keanes goal against Spurs.

If you don't buy a ticket you won't win the lottery

Probably a challenge to move Keane and Godfrey on at this point unless we done one of our 'loan at a loss' tricks which have served us so badly.

I was gobsmacked watching Godfrey at right-back vs Newcastle - he really struggles in that position - a problem following his injury ?
He's just not very good. The fact that he's looked the most impressive two years ago during a run at left back says it all for him as centre half. Playing him at right back is just comical. He's had another go at left back and has been terrible, as he has been at centre back. Whether the long covid has affected his lungs or whether he's just nowhere near as good as we wanted him to do, who knows. But I'd be looking to offload him if we can get a half decent fee of £8-10m.

Just can’t see dyche being sacked if we stay up, regardless of a new board or not or even new owner. We need some stability going into the new ground. Dyche for me is more than capable of steadying the ship. We will need to be on a tight budget for next year or 2 to get are financial state in order. He is very experienced with working on tight budgets. Also I would like to see what he could do going forward.

If he keeps us up, it's the biggest individual managerial achievement of any manager since Moyes finished 4th.

It would be outrageous to sack him.

I get reservations over whether he's the right man for a total rebuild - but that total rebuild isn't occurring anytime soon and certainly not prior Bramley Moore opening.

What we need is to avoid collapse, and this team is still relegation fodder.

If he keeps us up, it's the biggest individual managerial achievement of any manager since Moyes finished 4th.

I get reservations over whether he's the right man for a total rebuild - but that total rebuild isn't occurring anytime soon and certainly not prior Bramley Moore opening.

We also just can’t afford it. We’ve got no money, and spunking 7m plus on compo each time is partly why we are where we are since Martinez.

Hope he can get us over the line. I just feel in my gut, that if he can keep us up this season and with the changes in the summer, in the boardroom and playing side, it could hopefully be a major catalyst on moving us in the right direction.

I believe Sean Dyche is totally secure in his job at Everton regardless of where we find ourselves at the end of the season.
I honestly don't understand how anyone can think otherwise.

During his time here we have played Arsenal twice, Liverpool,Newcastle, Chelsea, Utd, Spurs , Brighton and now City. These have all been difficult games and I think we have picked up 8 points so far from those games which is far more than we would have picked up without a change of manager.

We do not have a squad of good players and Dyche inherited them without the opportunity of adding or removing players. Given that the club is trying to get away from constantly sacking managers and incurring huge costs on doing so then they will in my opinion certainly not sack another who does seem to have stabilised the team in his short time here.

I can’t see how there can be any real clamour to get rid. He’s got a few things wrong but any new manager is going to do that, just like any new player. He pretty much nailed his starting eleven and shape from the first game, and only had a wobble when that eleven wasn’t available- but that says more about our squad depth. He maybe stuck by Keane slightly too long but showed on Monday he isn’t totally stubborn. And for all the concerns about his style we are creating more chances and now starting to score more goals than we have done for a while.

It seems that Covid did him in big time and he`s still struggling, even though it`s the best part of two years ago now.

I can’t see how there can be any real clamour to get rid. He’s got a few things wrong but any new manager is going to do that, just like any new player. He pretty much nailed his starting eleven and shape from the first game, and only had a wobble when that eleven wasn’t available- but that says more about our squad depth. He maybe stuck by Keane slightly too long but showed on Monday he isn’t totally stubborn. And for all the concerns about his style we are creating more chances and now starting to score more goals than we have done for a while.

I suspect it's based on some judging Dyche on what the media said he is, because of his face, voice and managing Burnley.

There's some snobbery too, and ill-informed opinion on where Everton will be in the summer, and at the start of next season.

I'm trying my best to judge Dyche on his time at Everton and if he keeps us up - 10/10 and A* - because, well... this and this.

If there was an Emery available, and a massive load of money I could understand the view that we should rebuild under another but that's not the case. Even then I'd have reservations about another identity switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.