2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNeill was a favourite of his at Burnley and he trusts him. Patterson is only playing at right back because the two very limited central defenders he has played here have been a disaster, so he is now playing the only fit right back he has available. Onana was his only option untill Garner was fit, now he has the choice, but, has to play one young central midfielder because he has nobody else and he played Simms ahead of Maupay at Anfield and was it Old Trafford? Really gave him a chance to shine there.

Don't get me wrong, Dyche is making a far better fist of this than Lampard could have, but, to oversee the total rebuild which is needed, and it'll have to be done on a negative spend budget and at a reduction in the wage bill...I just don't believe he is the solution in anything other than the short-term.
I don’t think we will be seeing anything like a total rebuild anytime soon - at least until the stadium is finished, we are still in the prem and can move away from ffp issues.

I think Dyche will be a safe pair of hands to steer us to that new stadium. His sole priority next season should be keeping us out of relegation danger, give me a season of ambling between 13th and 10th till we have a chance to attempt to progress again.

I actually like Dyche, think there’s a big snobbery in football and he is levels above Lampard. He has a chance here now which he never would have had if we weren’t in the state we are in - if he surprises us all and produces something special then kudos to him, if all he does is reset us a bit and get us to the new stadium without the threat of relegation then he will have done his job.

He’s come into a pressure cooker of a job here - gained points on soton, Leicester, leeds and forest since he has been here - with what’s been a nightmare set of fixtures. Sure he’s had a few areas where he has disappointed, Keane selection, that Fulham game, playing maupay over simms and grey…but think he has got an awful lot right with this squad as well.

I don’t think we will be seeing anything like a total rebuild anytime soon - at least until the stadium is finished, we are still in the prem and can move away from ffp issues.

I think Dyche will be a safe pair of hands to steer us to that new stadium. His sole priority next season should be keeping us out of relegation danger, give me a season of ambling between 13th and 10th till we have a chance to attempt to progress again.

I actually like Dyche, think there’s a big snobbery in football and he is levels above Lampard. He has a chance here now which he never would have had if we weren’t in the state we are in - if he surprises us all and produces something special then kudos to him, if all he does is reset us a bit and get us to the new stadium without the threat of relegation then he will have done his job.

He’s come into a pressure cooker of a job here - gained points on soton, Leicester, leeds and forest since he has been here - with what’s been a nightmare set of fixtures. Sure he’s had a few areas where he has disappointed, Keane selection, that Fulham game, playing maupay over simms and grey…but think he has got an awful lot right with this squad as well.
I imagine one or two of our better players may well have to be let go in the summer to bring in some fees, assuming we aren’t relegated obviously in which case it’s a fire sale. I’m not over the moon with Dyche but if he keeps us up I can’t see the board sacking him unless Moshiri finds a few billion from somewhere for the lawnmower naming rights!

We need really smart recruitment over the summer and then hopefully we’ll be okay next season. The unknown with Dyche will be how he works with whatever insane purchases Moshiri makes. And we know he will make some!

If he keeps us up, he'd have done a great job.

I'm hoping we see a serious injection of capital this summer as the squad needs work - but I don't forsee us having another season like the last two with him at the helm.

After what has to be the two worst managerial appointments this club has ever made one after the other, benitez/lampard it will be a miracle if we've survived it. Still dont know how we are not already dead n buried after those two disasters. If we do then id take a season of dyche football just for my sanity.

I imagine one or two of our better players may well have to be let go in the summer to bring in some fees, assuming we aren’t relegated obviously in which case it’s a fire sale. I’m not over the moon with Dyche but if he keeps us up I can’t see the board sacking him unless Moshiri finds a few billion from somewhere for the lawnmower naming rights!

We need really smart recruitment over the summer and then hopefully we’ll be okay next season. The unknown with Dyche will be how he works with whatever insane purchases Moshiri makes. And we know he will make some!
If Moshiri doesn’t stop meddling in transfers then we can have anyone in charge and they will all fail.

Board needs to go and thelwell/another DOF needs to get a grip of recruitment.

McNeill was a favourite of his at Burnley and he trusts him. Patterson is only playing at right back because the two very limited central defenders he has played here have been a disaster, so he is now playing the only fit right back he has available. Onana was his only option untill Garner was fit, now he has the choice, but, has to play one young central midfielder because he has nobody else and he played Simms ahead of Maupay at Anfield and was it Old Trafford? Really gave him a chance to shine there.

Don't get me wrong, Dyche is making a far better fist of this than Lampard could have, but, to oversee the total rebuild which is needed, and it'll have to be done on a negative spend budget and at a reduction in the wage bill...I just don't believe he is the solution in anything other than the short-term.
If (big if) we stay up then I just don’t see us trying to have a total rebuild, particularly if there’s little money to finance it. Realistically, just steadying the ship for a couple of years and trying to move away from the absolute disaster zone we’ve been in in recent years is likely to be our best course, and he may well be suited to that job. We’ve had a ridiculous amount of upheaval and new starts, I think there’s a lot to be said for just trying to settle things down a bit and laying a platform for a proper rebuild further down the line. If we go down I think we do need a rebuild, and I agree that he may not be the best person for it.

That is my point exactly, if you had read the post I made earlier I said that Dyche may well take us into the new stadium but, he is definitely not the man to take us forward long term. Personally, I would be happy to see him go at the end of the season relegated or survived.

If Moshiri doesn’t stop meddling in transfers then we can have anyone in charge and they will all fail.

Board needs to go and thelwell/another DOF needs to get a grip of recruitment.
100 percent correct. They need to get him the heck out of the way. Although from what Brands was saying it was most likely Usmanov who was making the strange demands. Hopefully the new investment comes to fruition and a new, competent board is installed.

Don’t think Dyche is the answer longer term but to be honest we need to re-establish ourselves in the PL never mind pushing for Europe in the near future.

I was in favour of Dyche becoming manager as I felt we needed experience to get us out of trouble and maybe, just maybe, he'll do that for us and we'll avoid relegation.

Thereafter, he deserves a chance to show us what he can do with a few signings, a decent pre-season and a full season of games. I'd be satisfied if we were to stay out of the bottom six places next season. Now some might say that it's not good enough but following on from the disaster of the last two season then a lower mid-table would be ok with me.

Then we'd be moving into our new stadium and progress would be top half finish with the promise of more as the benefits of the new stadium kick in.

In essence, I want to see steady progress under one manager (Dyche) where we regain a clear identity as a club and a squad that makes sense.

Of course, if Carlo was to win the Champions League and want to return to finish the job then I'd drive over to Madrid and bring him back.

He'll surely stay if he keeps us up.
He is not most peoples first choice for manager, and isn't mine either, but we are in far from ideal circumstances.

I'd love to see some boardroom upheaval in the summer but adding to it in the dugout seems to me to be unnecessary at this point. He hasn't even had the opportunity to make a signing yet, and has had to work under the most horrendous circumstances at a club shattered from top to bottom.

I was disappointed with some results and performances, but not many considering where we are overall. Had he been appointed a month earlier I think we would have been safe now.

As long as we remain cash strapped we will need him. He gets the most of of what he has in a very practical manner. I don't see us spending much until some of these bad contracts drop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.